My precious granddaughter FaceTimed me last evening because she couldn't wait to show me something from her vacation in Florida.
A few weeks ago, she asked me to write the words "Let God" in cursive on a piece of paper... I thought nothing of it at the time and happily wrote the words for her.
During our FaceTime call, she turned the camera toward her shoulder and surprised me with the sweetest gift. She had those very words tattooed in my own handwriting, exactly as I had written them.
Now, I'm not someone who gets excited about tattoos, and I don't have one myself. But this wasn't just a tattoo...it was a heartfelt reminder of faith, love and the special bond we share. Seeing my handwriting become something so meaningful to her truly touched my heart.
Let me be clear....as I said...I do not have any tattoos, and whether someone chooses to get one is their personal decision.. But when it's done with love and carries such deep meaning, it's hard not to appreciate the beautiful story behind it.
I honestly thought I snapped a photo of it, but it's not in my photos, so I guess I didn't.
Oops...Found it!!
______
This afternoon I will be making plans to host a 97th Birthday for my Father-in-law. Making plans for the menu, the decorations and figuring out exactly how we want to honor him. The party is July 26th... I best get busy...
Big Hugs to each of you....
Whatever you are doing today....HAVE FUN!!
Shug...


You have a lovely bond with your granddaughter.
ReplyDeleteThank you...we do have a very sweet bond...
DeleteI think this is very sweet Shug!!
ReplyDeleteI love how close your family is to each other. A true gift.
xo
Thank you Carla. We are very close and I am extremely thankful for the blessings..
DeleteWhat a precious post. Your granddaughter must really love you! I'm sure she does! I'm not a tattoo person either, but that was a sweet thing she did to keep with her forever...to remember you and also to remember to "Let God" be in charge! Oh, I am happy to hear about your clean house experience. I am still praying about that and asking God to supply what I need in that regard. You have encouraged me to get more serious about it. And how wonderful that your father in law will soon be 97 and that you all will be able to celebrate with him. That is truly a blessing! I'm sure whatever you do will be wonderful to him. Probably just the fact that family will be there to celebrate with him is the best part of all. What a joyous occasion!!
ReplyDeleteI really fought the battle of not wanting anyone to come in and help me, but my hands are full right now and not only did Sam encourage me to get someone, but my girls were asking me to get some help..
DeleteWell this idea for a tattoo is new to me. How clever, personal, and uplifting. While, like you, I don't have any tats (and have no plans to get one/any), this one you've shared is indeed pretty special.
ReplyDeleteI really struggle with the kids getting tattoos....Funny thing, I have four grandsons and none of them have a single tat. But the two grand girls both have one. 🤷♀️
DeleteWhat a beautiful image of her love for God and you!! She had such a sweet and creative idea. And your handwriting is beautiful. This may be a short post, but it is a wonderful one.
ReplyDeleteShe was so excited about this when she called. I do hope this is her only tat...
DeleteA lot of goodness going on at your place.
ReplyDeleteYes there is Kathy...I feel so vey blessed...
Deleteaahh, if you're going to get a tattoo, this one is the one to get. It reminds me of my favorite verse, "Be Still And Know That I Am God." Well, you're talking with someone who never liked tattoos much at all, but then one day, my son asked me to get one, so me and him and a friend went together and I got a small hummingbird. It's on my back and not noticeable, but it's a reminder of that fun day. And I guess there's not much that I won't do for my kids haha.
ReplyDelete*you look so pretty in that Header picture with your new hair cut!
Deleteyou are so very sweet Sheri. I am enjoying my hair being cut shorter. I was near the tear stage when Mylee showed me what she did...
DeleteI'm not a tattoo person at all ... I let my varicose veins do all the talking (lol). EXCEPT, your dear girl may have just changed my mind. Your handwriting!!! I can't find words to express how I feel about her sweet gesture.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the love!
I thought this was so very sweet and so touching for her to do this. I'm not fond of tats, but so many people have them and many of them have such a deep meaning.. Love is so strong isn't it..
DeleteWell, I love the tattoo in your handwriting. You two obviously have quite a bond.
ReplyDeletethank you Michelle... lol...if I had known, I would have written the words a bit smaller. lol
DeleteWhat a beautiful gesture, smiles. Keeping you both in prayer, sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Linda for all of your prayers..
DeleteYou have such a beautiful relationship with your family. What a lovely gesture to have her tattoo in your handwriting. How special. - and how special for your father in law to be reaching such a milestone birthday- Can't wait to see the pics from the party.
ReplyDeleteCan you believe 97? that is a lot of years to gain a lot of wisdom.
DeleteOur Grand Paige did the same thing, called GRandpa and said write SWAK on a paper and send the photo. Crazy girl...it is on her upper arm where she can see it. I hope the birthday celebration is wonderful!
ReplyDeletetheir hearts are in such a special place... thank you Connie.. turning 97 deserves a nice celebration.
DeleteI think your granddaughter having the words Let God in your handwriting - means everything. She believes in God and you! That is so cool. I am so jealous in a good way.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sandie... I pray everyday that her Faith grows stronger and stronger.
DeleteHappy Birthday to your father-in-law. Best wishes to you all. God bless always.
ReplyDeleteHello, lovely friend. I love your haircut! And I am glad you had someone in to clean. I have been doing that too and she is a young woman and her husband who do a wonderful job! I can't do it like I used to and as much as I hate to admit it, I need the help. Anyway, good for you. Have a cozy weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat tattoo is so sweet! Even though I would never get one. And I'm so glad you are getting someone to clean the house. You have too many other things to deal with. It is great having you back! ❤️
ReplyDeleteIf you would choose to get a tattoo, what could possibly be better than that? A granddaughter's affirmation to her grandmother's love cannot be surpassed, Shug. You are blessed beyond measure! My father had a tattoo before he went into the army shortly after World War II that stated "Bill and Nan." He fully intended to marry my mother for keeps and wasn't ashamed to show it. I sure wish I had a photo of it, so many years later, but in my mind's eye, I still see it as clear as day. Blessings and prayers!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a tattoo person either but that is so sweet that she got that one in your handwriting.
ReplyDeleteUgh! That was an early start but how lovely to have a clean house!
ReplyDeleteYour granddaughters tattoo sounds so special.
That is really meaningful! Our Trans Grandson has lots of piercings and a hose ring. It really creeps me out. I'm wondering if he'll get a tattoo. Not sure. He's studying astrophysics, maybe something to do with the stars, if he gets one.
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful story behind the tattoo.
ReplyDelete