Saturday, July 18, 2026

Just Coffee

 I’ve noticed something lately… my coffee tastes have changed over the years.





There was a time when I wanted to try every new flavor that came along. Now? I’ve become wonderfully simple.





Just give me a hot cup of black coffee, and I’m happy. No fancy syrups, whipped cream, mocha drizzle, or iced concoctions. Just rich, steaming coffee in my favorite mug. I enjoy the comforting feel about keeping it simple.





Of course, the world of coffee is endless these days. Whole beans, freshly ground blends, single-origin roasts, flavored coffees, K-Cups, espresso machines that look like they belong in a café—you can make coffee a hundred different ways.





Me? I’m perfectly content with a good, honest cup of black coffee.


Now I’m curious about all of you.


☕ How do you make your coffee?

☕ Do you grind fresh beans or reach for a K-Cup?

☕ Do you have one of those fancy espresso machines?

☕ And most importantly… what’s your favorite way to enjoy your morning cup?


I’d love to hear how everyone enjoys their coffee. 





Coffee isn’t just a drink—it’s a little daily ritual that starts my day.


"My favorite coffee recipe?  Hot, Black, Peaceful."


Shug.....🍩

18 comments:

  1. When I was a senior in high school (eons ago) and was beginning to have coffee occasionally, my dad told me to learn to enjoy and drink it black, so I would never be a pain . I guess I was pretty obedient because I have been a straight up black, no sugar coffee drinker ever since.
    I am not a bean snob. Sometimes I buy whole beans and grind them before each use, but I alway keep ground coffee also because some morning require not enough thought for that grinding process

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do LOVE my Black cup of Coffee every morning. I drink it from one of my favorite cups while reading my bible and devotions.
    Now and then I do like a flavored cappuchino or vanilla flavor but not too often.
    I used the kpods now because hubby only drinks tea and I only have 1 cup in the morning myself. In the long run it works for me. No fancy machines for me ... too expensive but some of the Elixir is so tasty.
    I have a ton of cups but usually use the same 3 that are my favorites.
    Love your cups and especially the 2 cups one balanced on the other.
    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Am picky about my coffee in that I buy the same brand and if they don't have it I look until I find it or something simple. I like it dark and strong with 1/4 of a sweet n low tablet. I used to put two packets and cream and want it to burn my tongue, but the past year I changed to drinking it warm because of my IBS and now I let it cool because I like it that way. I drink my first cup at wake up and make the 2nd and leave it to be room temp when I get back from walking Beau. I have a 19.99 Walmart coffee maker, and that is all we have ever had, only they were 9.99 when I first started buying them. No one would want to meet me until after the first few sips. the happy face is almost instant. I hate instant coffee but did drink it when Milton came through

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is not the same if its not in my favorite cup which has a curved lip. I don't like restaurant coffee and have never bought coffee in a coffee shop of any kind

      Delete
  4. I love all of these coffee mugs! Funny how our tastes can change with age. My favorite used to be Pike Place Roast. But after my colon surgery, it tasted awful! We have a Keurig machine because we like different kinds of coffee. I like to foam up milk with my foamer and top with cinnamon sugar. Or maybe some whipped cream. I can do without sugar, but I am not able to drink it black yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shug, I ran out of milk, and I had my coffee black this morning, and I didn't mind at all. My dad always drank his coffee black. So for me, I make a single filter coffee, which makes it extra hot, and I usually add a little milk or cream, no sugar. I think when we grind the whole beans it tastes even better, but I don't do it that often, usually just use ground coffee. I have tried many different kinds of coffee, and I have to say I still like Starbuck's the best. And my favorite way to enjoy my first cup of coffee is early in the morning when there is no distractions, only nature's sounds are appreciated. You're right, Shug, an honest cup of coffee is simply the best. Thank you for sharing your heart here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mugs!
    I think because I wanted to be like my daddy, I first drank coffee laden with cream and sugar. Then(!) one night at an upscale restaurant with Ron's boss they served our coffees straight-up black. I didn't see a single pack of sugar or cream anywhere, and was too bashful to ask in front of the Big Boss. I think that was back in 1977 and I've never looked back! My everyday go-to is a Keurig 'dark' pod (French roast). While I enjoy the occasional latte or espresso, I'd never try making them myself. This was a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave up coffee years ago for my blood pressure and never went back to drinking it again. I will have a sip of my husbands now and again. Give me Hot Chocolate and I am happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't even put in cream?
    I love the Starbucks Dubai Chocolate Matcha Tea. Too much fat in it and it is tea.
    I love my coffee with cream in it.
    I drink a Keurig Cup French Roast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The vast majority of my coffee is black, and always the first cup. At home, Costco Colombian dark roast or on the weekend freshly ground beans. Every few weeks I will add some type of sweet to the afternoon cup for variety, or treat myself to something from Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven’t had coffee in decades. It’s straight water for me..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a "tea-totaller", never have I ever drank coffee! I tried it one time and didn't like it, so that was that. I love my cup of hot Lipton tea in the morning, with a very scant teaspoon of sugar. I may have a different kind of tea in the afternoon if I feel the need for it, or I just drink unsweet iced tea. My hubby loves his coffee in the morning, but he isn't fussy about which coffee, just so it's hot and fresh. He likes it best with sugar and milk (not cream), but will also drink it black. So I make a pot for him and have it set up in the Mr. Coffee with the timer set for it to come on at 5:00 a.m., so it is ready when we wake up at 5:30. Oh, yes, I do prefer on particular cup for my tea (mug) in the morning, but for afternoon tea I may use something different or fancy just for fun and pretend I am having a tea party. I am having my morning tea right now as I write this. When it's done, I will go sit with hubby and we will read our devotions together and then have breakfast. One cup of tea is plenty for me, but he will have 3 cups of coffee usually in the morning, and that's it for the day. Happy Sunday morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought a Keurig several years ago so now I make my coffee one cup at a time. I use k-cups and my favorite is a triple chocolate Walmart brand. Then I have to have one packet of stevia and a splash of international delights white chocolate raspberry creamer.
    All that being said, it makes a difference what mug it's in too. It has to be my favorite Pioneer Woman mug.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have a Keurig and I also use whole beans (I do have a grinder). Right now, its Honduran coffee with Italian Sweet Cream in a mug my son had bought for me, it says One More Cup. Every once in a while, I do like a good Mocha Latte or Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. Great post, Shug. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always loved my black coffee, Shug. We recently purchased a new coffeemaker which I wrote about on my blog a while back and it makes the best coffee I've ever tasted. I enjoy that first cup each and every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a ritual here, as well! Joe used to bring me a coffee when I was working, and putting my face on! It was a recess ritual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I am not in charge of coffee. Joe is. He is the coffee snob, errr, officianado!

      Delete
  16. Love, love, love that second picture with the lady's face and jewelry on it. Is that a coffee cup? At first I thought it was an egg cup.
    I don't drink coffee but love the smell of it, and also love coffee/caramel shakes made with almond milk, Talenti coffee soorbetto, and carael drizzle. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

The Little Pink Door

 🌸 The Little Pink Door 🌸🌸 This sweet little house sits on a side street in our little town, and every time I pass it, I can’t help but ...