Tuesday, September 3, 2024

If these walls could talk

Here is a Cliche...."Home is where the Heart is."

Our home is more than just a structure.  It is our place of security, place of love, Family, a place where memories are made.  Home is also comfort and connection.  




When I walk through the doors of our home, I feel like I have stepped into a personal retreat.    I love the familiar scents that greet me and I also love the beauty of what Sam and I have created.



Many times I have heard people say...."Oh, if these walls could talk!"  If the walls in our home could talk, they would tell you that in this place, there is Love.  There are also tears.  Tears of happiness and tears of sadness at times.  They would echo our many joys as well as sorrows.  




Our walls would whisper about the sweet kisses exchanged and the warm hugs that we as a family share.  If our walls could talk, they would remind us that while they have witnessed much laughter, they have also witnessed our many worries.  




Our loved ones who have passed before us, have sat in our living room, at our dining table, sharing memories of those good ol' days that they loved.    Oh the wonderful  conversations that have been spoken here..... 

                               Just a small glare from the TV  reflecting on the glass of this picture.

Our home has witnessed our conversations of our dreams that have been put on hold, or have been shelved due to other circumstances.  Yet, this home has held successes that we could have never imagined, becoming positive realities.  




We have celebrated birthdays, anniversaries and many other beautiful holidays and gatherings.  Each of these celebrations added another layer of happiness to the very foundation of this home.  



Most importantly, our home is Christ centered.  Sam and I built a Christ centered home for our daughters and we share these same values with our grandchildren.  Our home is a place where we pray for one another, and lift each other up.  A place where we try our best to live by the word of God.   




Home is where the Heart is.......my heart is God, family and friends.  


  Shug....


 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shug~ What an absolutely beautiful and touching post. 💕 I can tell that you live exactly how you described your home... it's full of love! And, what a beautiful and peaceful home. I just loved getting a little glimpse into your home, your heaven on earth... so beautiful! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing your home - but knowing you the little bit I do - I am not surprised by all what you say. It is beautiful and I can feel your love for it there.
    Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home is where the heart is, and when our hearts are centered on Jesus, no matter where we are, we can convey His love to others so they can feel at home, too. So often, we can take all our blessings of home for granted. I know you don't, and neither do I. Blessings, Shug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your beautiful gold and blue drapes!! Your home is really the true definition of a HOME, not just a house. Whenever we pass certain old houses, I often wonder what went on inside them. Did you make these wonderful tarts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This beautifully written post made me smile - I totally understand all that you so eloquently described . Home is that way to me as well. My sanctuary. As an introvert, I need a place that is safe when the outside world starts to overwhelm me. I live in the home that belonged to my parents ( I wasn’t raised here) and it’s been an honor to live here. Most of the trees my dad planted. Yes if those walls could talk…

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, Shug. It's so nice that your home is a place of cozy and comfort and love. I feel the same way - home is my favorite place to be. It is a place of rest and peace from the outside noise that we all have to face each day. I like your yellow curtains, and they also look Fallish. And that big flower arrangement next to your mirror is so pretty. The main thing is that you have Jesus centered in your home, and He always protects and shields us from the wolves. ; ) You have made a lovely home for your family, Shug. Love your title, "if these walls could talk."

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Waiting on a Dream

Waiting on a Dream to come true can sometimes be a very long wait.... Hopefully my niece's dream has finally happened.       I have talk...