Friday, July 19, 2024

Refreshing

 How often do you refresh your framed photos that you have  in your home?  


As you can see from my header photo.....this family loves to have a good time.  We are always goofing off and coming up with new things to do!

I love capturing these moments.



                    πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…


We have many areas in our home that are filled with a gallery of our family photos.  I would consider these photos to be a showcase of sweet moments. These sweet moments have shaped our lives over the years and I love seeing them each day.




Our great grandkids!

I recently had some new photos printed and it is my goal to get them framed as soon as possible.   I want to update the ones that I now have out. (My kiddos keep saying.."Shug, you need new pictures.)

Old photos are certainly portals to the past, and they capture those special moments that allow us to relive birthdays, graduations, weddings, or any kind of spontaneous adventure in which we have experienced. I'm not sure about you all, but I do take a lot of pictures!!
  Of course, I probably overdo when it comes to taking photos.  I think the reason could be, that I have loved ones who have passed, and I find myself wishing I had more photos of them.    

This was Sam and I at our 40th High School Class Reunion. Oh wow...reliving being younger again, and not having as many wrinkles back then!!  LOL

I personally prefer photos which captures the candid moments. I think they capture the essence of life more authentically than any posed shot.  When I have my camera out, I am always looking for these kind of shots. 

Like this one of Emalee...our granddaughter in law. This photo captures her surprise as well as the gorgeous sunset behind her. 

 

As I sat down this week and looked at some older photos, I thought about how so many of us have allowed the digital age of technology to rob us of actually printing our pictures...We do have  them available to us with just a click of a button, but what about for the future.  I want my grandkids to be able to actually have the photos, so they can share them with their kiddos.  After all....I LOVE looking at old pictures of my grandparents and extended family, and I expect that they may someday doing this as well.  

Our daughters at Easter when they were young.  

I had a few laughs when I saw this one....AGAIN!

and this one!!  First grandchild and all the laughter that comes with it!



I now have a picture of Tori and her boyfriend.  YAY!  she will be so happy!


I have a framed (updated) photo of the great grandkids.


I have a framed photo of our Newest family member.  


an updated photo of Tori...our granddaughter.  


Soon to be FRAMED!!

I'm simply going to update my framed pictures to embrace the present.  I think it will allow me a way to create and refresh our life's journey...A journey that continues to grow and evolve.  

My focus this weekend will be on unleashing the creativity that lives within me, and let our home tell the beautiful, EVER-CHANGING story of ME and my family.  

Stay fabulous and keep sparkling!

Shug.....🌟







4 comments:

  1. I used to change them a lot, but it is something I have let slip! Thank you for reminding me!!! I do have a whole lot of nice frames, and so do you. And I take a zillion pics. Your first one is so hilarious, I just love it!!! The one of you and Sam is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny you post this today, as I was just going through photo albums this week and looking at old photos, as it's been too hot to do anything outside. My photos are pretty much updated, and when the girls give me pictures, I try to find a cute frame to put them in. I used to have old pictures of loved ones, but not so much anymore. It's all updated stuff. Your newest framed photo of the baby is precious. And I like the one of Emalee too. That black and white one is a treasure. Have fun getting frames and updating your photos, Shug. It's definitely a delightful project. They will put a smile on your face when you pass by them every day. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shug, I was so happy to read this post.It's great to know another human being still likes to frame photos and place them around one's living areas. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person left who did that. I LOVE photos. My problem is there are very few places to put them in a small apartment. But I loved all of YOUR photos. Great Job! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should change some out, I have the Grands at all ages! You have some wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Thank You πŸ’›

  You all are the Best.  I am truly thankful for the love shown from all of my blogging friends.  I have tears in my eyes just from reading ...