Saturday, July 20, 2024

Forest Bathing

Have you ever heard of "Forest Bathing?" 


Evidently it has been around for a very long time, however, I had never heard of it before!

I say that.....but the truth is, we have always called this adventure, {Spending time in the woods.}



Forest Bathing comes from the Japanese practice of Shinrin-yoku, which means bathing  in the forest atmosphere.   Also known as connecting with the forest with our senses.  

It doesn't matter if you call it Forest Bathing, or just spending time in the woods, the fact of the matter is, this is a great antidote to stress and disconnection.  








Sam and I have not really done a lot of hiking, but when we do, I can feel the distinct difference of walking on the trails through the woods, versus walking on a city walking path.  


Picture taken in Alaska

I enjoy not only the beauty of the forest, but the smell of the trees and the damp earth along with the woody aroma of roots, moss, 
and foliage of the trees, is so refreshing.

I honestly think that walking through the woods is a spirit lifter, as it releases our natural endorphins.  The path may be tiring but Nature truly soothes the soul.  

"and into the forest I go....to lose my mind....and find my soul."   John Muir






One thing that I did notice when Sam, myself and our friends were in Alaska, is that even in Nature, things are not perfect.  
Due to the roots of trees, and the terrain  being uneven....it can sometimes be difficult to walk.
There are Fallen limbs, insects, dead end trails, and even some animals that you need to be cautious of.  
You will also find all kinds of bent trees and possibly some aggressive plants that you might be allergic to.  
However......the good thing is, you don't have to be in a hurry or a rush.  You can take your time and watch for all of these things.  

I'm not sure that I "Forest Bath" but I do enjoy the tranquility of the woods, and the freshness of the nature air as I take in deep breathes.  Listening to all the sound of nature is quite relaxing as well.   


Beauty of Nature ...↑↑↑↑↑
 



Dream Big and take time to enjoy Nature!!

Shug....💚




6 comments:

  1. I agree. and I think we have totally lost touch with nature, which is a dangerous thing! Very pretty wildflowers, another benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shug. I cannot say I've actually done "forest bathing" but I do love being outside when it's not too hot and appreciating everything to do with Mother Nature. Love that your family does fun activities to make everyone laugh. We need more of that in our world. Also, I want to thank you again for always showing up for visits on my blog, Writing Straight from the Heart, and commenting, too. You are a wonderfully faithful blog friend. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live in the woods so I can forest bathe all day if I want to! We love the quiet here, with only birds making noise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess I go forest bathing every day haha. I'm high up in the mountains of northern California, and the pines are all around me. It's a special and peaceful setting. I'm so glad you and Sam got togo forest bathing in Alaska. That's one of the prettiest places to do so. You're right, you do have to be careful when you go deep into the forest. There are all kinds of critters, and sometimes even bears. John Muir quotes are simply the best, aren't they? These are lovely pictures of nature, Shug. And of You! : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I love this idea of forest bathing! Beautiful photos of our beautiful world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't been to the mountains in awhile but it can be a really relaxing experience. You have some lovely photos here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Thank You 💛

  You all are the Best.  I am truly thankful for the love shown from all of my blogging friends.  I have tears in my eyes just from reading ...