Last evening, Sam and I decided to take a little ride out to the farm. Our mission? ALLIGATOR SPOTTING.🐊
Apparently, this is what passes for evening entertainment around here.
We drove around, looked across the water, stared into all the places where we had seen the gator in the past.....and NOTHING. I think he or she purposely hides from us when it hears the truck headed down the small incline to the lake.
THEN... the biggest grasshopper I've ever seen flew onto the windshield and my mind came back to reality that it is AUGUST...the hottest month of the year. 🔥🔥
It's not FALL.. The leaves aren't changing, they are surrendering. They have simply had enough and I think they are basically saying..."We gave it our best but enough is enough."
So, no alligator sighting this time, and definitely no cool autumn breeze. Just Sam and me, a little country ride through the fields, some heat-stressed leaves and triple digit Texas temps..
Happy Friday...
Shug...


Oh Shug, I love your new header. The picture of you is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI do hope taking Sam off all the meds will clear things up a bit and allow some healing to be started again.
Love that you 2 took a romantic ride to hunt the "Gators". We do have some leaves here that have surrendered too. It will be another day of 101F. Grateful for the AC !
Anyway ... I have to face the post office today and then run the marathon at Costco. Sometimes I gotta do what I gotta do !
Hugs
Sue
We have leaves falling out of the trees, I just finished mowing and chopping them up! Not sure I would want to see a gator! Lately we have been too tired after supper to go for a trail ride maybe one day soon! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a nice ride. Good luck with the heat. ❤️
ReplyDeleteYour new header is gorgeous! I love you under the pink flowers! No alligator, but they are far more ugly than these pictures! So is there only one?
ReplyDeleteWell, darn. I was hoping at least one of us was getting an Autumn appetizer from Mother Nature. Keep the faith, my friend!
ReplyDeleteOh Shug! I can hardly imagine going alligator hunting. Oh gosh. That is a really different thing to do. Yowsers. It's been as hot as hell's kitchen here in western Massachusetts, too, and I. Don't. Like. It. I am just not a hot weather girl at all. Shug, I LOVE your headers. I wish I knew how to change mine but I don't. Anyway, hope you and Sam have a lovely rest of the weekend. Wishing you the best. Susan
ReplyDeleteI love the new header!
ReplyDeleteIt's been so hot here too. Our leaves aren't surrendering yet though.
Glad you had a nice outing, in spite of no alligators and seeing big grasshoppers!
Have a nice weekend!
I fear there will not be a glorious show of colour in autumn this year. As with you, our trees are showing signs of distress.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting to go alligator spotting, even if you didn't see one. I can't think what the equivalent would be here - I don't think there is one! 🐊
I'd rather watch grasshoppers than alligators. Can you imagine an alligator flying at your wind-shield? You're very brave to go searching for alligators.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I’m with everyone else. I love your new header. Unlike a lot of people I don’t look forward to fall as much because it means that winter is not far behind. I love fall but it doesn’t last long enough before the snow starts flying. Of course our summers aren’t nearly as hot as yours
ReplyDeleteI love the header and background here. It is so welcoming, Shug. I hope that all is going well there for you. Prayers continue for you and Sam. xx
ReplyDeleteHow interesting to go alligator spotting. To me over here in England that is crazy but I imagine it is quite exciting.
ReplyDeleteAhh! There are a lot of fall colours here but that is only because everything is scorched from all the sun and heat. hehehe
Great photos, Shug! Yes, the summer drags on but it will be fall before we know it. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteOh, I can't imagine looking and searching for alligators. Here, it's being thrilled when we see the DEER! But going on a drive with Sam, checking the farm out, seeing views of nature, and having a grasshopper fly on your windshield sounds like a blessed day to me. ; ) I hope it starts to cool down for you with those triple digit temps. I love hearing the happenings of your day, Shug.
ReplyDeleteAlligator hunting! People get nervous when I say the bear went by.
ReplyDeleteI agree that the colored leaves are more a reflection of hot weather than an actual harbinger of autumn.
ReplyDeleteThis is a useful overview of gold investments. best gold IRA company
ReplyDelete...and the great big grasshopper too.
ReplyDelete