Monday, July 15, 2024

Busy Monday

Busy Monday.... 


Hey Friends....my Monday began with a mix of things to do.  These things included cooking, cleaning and some bookkeeping.  Thank goodness, that I implemented some effective strategies to help me plan for the day.  I did some pre-planning for the meal I was cooking..... I prioritized the things that needed to be done....and I limited the extra time that I usually spend just glancing at Social Media.  

Welcoming our new baby boy into the family has been such a joyous occasion, but as we all know, New parents...New baby...Feeding throughout the Night....all equals, Exhaustion!

I did have to make one simple change in the meal that I had planned.  The original menu was to be Fresh cooked peas, Creamed Potatoes, Goulash, and a good pan of cornbread.  


I changed the goulash to BBQ Ribs.


Ribs are so easy to cook and mine were done in just 3 hours.  

My Kitchen smelled so good....I mean, after all...you can't beat the smell of fresh peas cooking and a hot pan of cornbread.  

Aside from all of the cooking, I had the regular Monday morning laundry to do.   This is a must around here, after a full weekend.  Got it all done!!

Bookkeeping......I always like to start my Monday, checking the books....   Managing a budget can be quite challenging, especially with the rising cost of groceries along with the many extra things that pop up.  

I have a scheduled time set aside on Mondays to do my books.....  Always great to start my Monday managing this task.  

Other things I did today......
Watered all my plants
Read my Devotion
Held our New Baby
  Planned my day out with friends for tomorrow
Loved on our New Baby
Delivered the meal I cooked
Read Blogs
*Talked to both of my daughters on the phone like I do everyday.
AND
I cooked a completely different meal for Mine and Sam's dinner!

I fixed fajitas ......Chicken Fajitas!!
They were delicious!

 This has been a BUSY Monday, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!  

How was your Monday?

Shug...😎


3 comments:

  1. Cuddling the new Great must have been the highlight for you! You had a busy day. Monday was fine here; laundry and some dusting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new great grandbaby! That meal sounds wonderful-it's making me wish for some fresh peas and cornbread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ribs look amazing. And there's nothing like warm cornbread with a dab of butter. That's so nice that you made a delicious meal for the new parents, Shug. This is definitely a busy time for them. And I bet it was so special loving on that baby.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Thank You 💛

  You all are the Best.  I am truly thankful for the love shown from all of my blogging friends.  I have tears in my eyes just from reading ...