Tuesday, January 9, 2024

January Decor

January Decorating 💙



I get excited all over again when it comes to decorating our home for January and the Winter months.  

What is important to me is that the house is Clean and has a cozy, warm feel.


For many people, January is what some refer to as "A Let Down" month. 
Christmas is over, and all of the hustle and bustle has come to an end. 

I like to think of January as a renewal time.  



January decorating doesn't require you to go out and buy new stuff.  Just look around your home and find things that you already have.  I love to group things and for this reason, it is easy for me to pull pictures, photos, arrangements, vases and greenery, from other rooms, so I can create a new look.  




I use a lot of the white colors during the Winter months, and then I add a pop of color.  

I am even guilty of removing curtains and allowing the natural light to come in.....OR....adding curtains to an area where I want to dress it up.  


On this shelf, I pulled out some of my grandmother's Virginia Rose dishes and displayed them in various settings.  


the only rule I have set for myself when it comes to decorating, is to decorate in a way that makes our home feel warm, CLEAN, and cozy.

Big Hugs to you all.
Shug.....💛








 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I too like to decorate CLEAN style. And I have become more and more like that as I get older. ;-) Ha! Fun post, thank you.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lamp is soooo pretty. It looks like you have some unique items. I just decorated my table for winter as well, and I started with a furry soft table runner. I like the fact that you keep your place clean and cozy. Your home says "welcome" to me.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

your shoe personality

Which Shoe fits You? * The attention seeking, Zanny fun-loving  Clown Shoe? * The cautious, orderly business shoe? * The commanding, gutsy c...