Monday, September 4, 2023

Alaska Part 3

 Alaska Part 3



I'm thinking....."How could Sam possibly be sleeping?"

We were traveling from Anchorage to Seward on a four and half hour train ride.  The Country side was absolutely gorgeous.



You can even see the turquoise colors in this glacier.



Everything was so green and beautiful...the one thing that I was so surprised about was the color of the water.  Not only the water in the rivers, but the ocean water as well.  I imagined the water to be crystal clear in the rivers and a deep blue in the ocean.  The reason for it looking so gray and cloudy is because of Glacial Flour.  I had never heard of this, but it is caused by sediments that are smaller than a piece of sand, that leaches into the water and streams.  

A lot of it comes from the glaciers.



Check out these fish.  We were so in AWE when we saw the fishermen bringing these in.


WOW, WOW, WOW


Such a great vacation...  I already want to go back to Alaska.  So many more things that we want to see and do.  Hopefully, we can do a land trip, which allow us to visit different areas and not be on a "Port" time schedule.  

Hope you all have enjoyed seeing my pictures.

Shug 💫











3 comments:

  1. Truly amazing photos! My vary favorite is your stunning header!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! WOW!!! The fish, the water, the sky and Sam sleeping. Hee Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Alaska is one state that I have on my bucket list, but doubt I will ever get there. I refuse to get on a plane! How pretty though and those fish, OMG!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

  What do you do when it is raining ☔ and you have come one thousand, six hundred and seventy one miles to swim in Shug's pool??  You sw...