Sunday, October 9, 2022

 Do you like the Eerie-scary days of October?   I like the pumpkins and all of the beautiful Fall colors, however, I am not big into the Halloween side of October.

Let me first of all say, that when I was a kid, Halloween was all about funny type costumes and Candy!  I remember the old mask that never really contoured correctly to your face.  And then there was the CANDY.  We would gather enough candy, popcorn balls, and plastic teeth, to last us for months.  

Those were the good ol' days!!  I don't really care for Halloween........with all the very scary costumes that are out there these days.  

 However, many people think it is FUN and they go all out with  skeletons and all the other types of gory stuff 👻.  Guess this is just an example of us all having our own likes and dislikes.   I do enjoy pumpkin carving and handing candy out to all the little ones.  I also like the fact that my kids all love to come over on trick R' treat night, as we sit outside and wait for all the candy gatherers to drop by.     




This home is located in our little town and they "Have" gone all out on the Halloween decorations.  I think this would end up keeping me up all night, just knowing that it was in my front yard.


Can you imagine being a small kid walking up the driveway to this home and seeing this as you pass by?  NOT ME!  


They even have a skeleton hanging onto the back tire of their vehicle.  EEK!


It is clear to see that they enjoy decorating for the ghostly day of Halloween.  

~~~~
We have a beautiful day here in East Texas.  The weather is fabulous and the sun is shining...  Happy Sunday to you all.

Shug 👻






1 comment:

  1. Hi Shug~ I love Halloween...not the scary part of Halloween, but the fun part. I love carving pumpkins with my grands, making popcorn balls, watching fun movies and all the family things that come with it. On the other hand...I don't like Halloween if it's scary or gory, I really does make me wonder about people!! My father died on, Halloween, so for many years I couldn't even think about doing anything that looked like celebrating on that day. But I have since realized that by doing fun, family oriented non-scary things, I was remembering him, he liked having fun and so do I. I remember those masks, they were itchy and smelly too!! Have a great week...see you soon! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Positive Vibes

Positive vibes today!!    🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼 Look at this cutie!!  Is it a Baby owl? No way!!  that would make for a very small baby owl.   I was ou...