Thursday, October 6, 2022

 I don't know how many of you are familiar with the famous "Sonic Fast Food Drive Thru Places?"


"Sorry....I tried to upload some pictures, but they never would come up." 😓



Our little town has one that is less than a mile from our house and I am a frequent customer........like everyday!!

I always make a trip each morning and purchase TWO large Un-sweet teas........one for me and one for Sam.  Hey, this is much better than drinking a Dr Pepper every morning.  

This afternoon, I was on my way to pick Mylee up from school and I saw a Sonic in a different town from where we live.   I thought that it would be nice to have something cold for Mylee to drink, especially since she has athletics for her last class.  Figured she would be sweaty from running and a nice Cherry Sprite would be just what she needed.   

I pull in to the drive thru, and I order two medium Cherry sprites.   When I get to the window to pay, I give the young lady my money and it ends up that she owes me $12.49 in change.  I am watching her as she gets my money ready to give me and she never touches her "CHANGE" drawer.   Instead, she hands me $12.00 and $12.00 only.   She then said, "Would you like your .49 cents??   I was a bit startled by her question, but I then said...."Yes, yes I would."   


.49 cents?   That's like paying an extra .25 cents per drink.   Why would I not want all of my change?  I was thinking, if they do this to every customer, just think how much extra they make each day.  What if my change had been .79 cents or .89 cents.  Would she still have asked if I wanted my change?


I don't understand a lot of things about how things work in our world today.  I know that .49 cents  these days will not buy much by itself,  but when I was 10 years old, it would have allowed us to purchase 2 loafs of bread.  


I don't know.......I was just so puzzled for her to ask me this question.  


Laughs today!

Is there anyone else out there having problems with photos not loading onto your post??  

Shug! 


4 comments:

  1. Well, she should have said where that money would go, maybe charity or something. How WEIRD!! Yes, we have a Sonic less than a mile away too. I hear that some of them have roller skating servers! dDd you make that heart in the eaf? so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a similar situation.. it is strange. We also have had cashiers not want us to pay with money, asking for a card transaction instead of cash, saying they do not know how to make change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shug! I am so happy to see you here! The fall colors here are just gorgeous, so I'm going to try to put a few of them on my blog...I always pray they will load! Yes, I do have problems sometimes, not always. I am always flabbergasted with the

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Shug...it published before I was done!! I can't believe some of the practices in the stores and in the food industry. Where my daughter works, they hired an 18 year old girl. After they hired her, they had to teach her how to make change, she had no idea how to give someone change from a dollar! I wonder if the girl at the window was pocketing the change? We have one Sonic where we live, we had two and they just shut one down. Good to see you here!! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Fun with Old Photos

  Fun with Old Photos.... What do you do on yet another RAINY day?  You look at Old photos! We have had rain all day and with it being Satur...