Sunday, April 13, 2014

Experience the Seasons

    


We all have Seasons that we walk through in life....even in our Faith, we have Seasons.  None....not one of us are perfect in our Faith, so therefore we experience seasons that make us stronger.    

                                                 ******

One of these seasons, is the "Harvest" season.   This is considered to be a Favorite season for all.  Should it be??  Showers of Blessings fall upon us.  We feel encouraged to invite friends to Church....we express joy in our lives.....we walk close to the Lord and we eagerly pray and seek HIS fellowship.  We serve God with a willing heart.

Next, we have the season of the "Valley."   We find ourselves walking in a deep dark valley and we are covered with fear.

If we are not careful, we can find our hearts being filled with bitterness, pride, jealousy, and a loss of Hope.

On the other hand....this is the time when many people desperately reach out to God.   In the good times, we simply ignore daily devotions and we feel that WE can handle everything by ourselves.    BUT, when the valleys fall underneath our feet....all we know to do is to call out to God.

And then.....there is the "Desert" season.   This is when a feeling of dryness consumes our whole being.  We see nothing but failures and it seems that God is far away.  What is it that causes us to find ourselves deep in the middle of dry sinking sand?  

Discontentment?  Sin?  Worldly things?  Could these be some of the reasons that we feel so distant from God?  Often, we look to self fulfilling purposes in living....OR, we find that we have no direction to go.   

I am miserable when I live in the desert season.....  God has not gone anywhere....HE is still here.  I am the one who strays away!!

Deliberate sins are the worse!!!   When the Holy Spirit convicts me, I feel pain in my soul.  I instantly feel shame and remorse..... I also feel like a complete failure.   

These kinds of feelings make me want to hide from God.   How can I seek HIM, how can I have a close relationship with GOD when I know that I have disappointed  HIM?

There have been many times when I have hung my head low when seeking God and HIS forgiveness.   But....scriptures says that we are to come Boldly to the throne of Grace.....


Thank you Lord for your Mercy and for your Grace!!

Praying that each of you are receiving showers of Blessings this day!!

Hugs,
shug ~

5 comments:

  1. God knows we will do these things, even on purpose, the same way a father knows when his little children do bad things on purpose. But The Father does not stop loving His child because of it. That you feel shame and remorse over this is very good, I believe it is the Holy Spirit working. HOW on earth did I miss the cool Pig Bus post below? Glad it caught my eye. I love your iris header, with the little bird house that even has steps for the little birds to hop up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There, We all go through the desert and valley times of life ---but the key is to know that God is ALWAYS right here with us, through all of the ups and downs in our lives... Praise God for that.

    This week (Holy Week) is a time when we experience what Jesus went through before his death ---and resurrection. There are so many raw emotions during Holy Week ---but guess what? EASTER will be here soon... Yeah!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shug, I know that your posts bless so many people. You have blessed me with your Godly wisdom many times. I've never thanked you for that I don't think. So THANK YOU! We all fall short; thank God that he has made the perfect way for us to return to him. When we are convicted we feel badly which is normal, but then we can soon rejoice, knowing our Savior is constantly at the Father's side, interceding for us. God bless you for sharing your faith so fiercely on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you for this post. The valley is not where we enjoy being,but we all spend time there and it can be a place of growth.I know that I have been visiting the valley more in the last few days.I pray that I can learn to trust God to guide me through this season as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just humming "our God is an awesome God" after a conversation with my son by phone just awhile ago. He called to ask me if I'd had a chance to see the red moon last night and remarked how awesome God was and the beauty of his creations is just so amazing. Great post, Shug! Take care and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...