Wednesday, September 2, 2026

September 2nd

 πŸ‚ Hello, September 2nd!


September has barely unpacked her bags, and she’s already keeping us busy!




There’s a chance we may get some rain later today or tonight from Edouard. I’m certainly not wishing for bad weather, but a nice, gentle rain? I’ll take it—especially if it saves me from dragging the water hose around the yard. ☔️





Meanwhile, there’s a little project happening outside. We’re having paving stones placed around the house to create a walkway, and I’m excited to see it finished. You know how one little outdoor project works, though. You start with, “Let’s just put a few stones here…” and before you know it, you’re standing outside dreaming up three more projects. πŸ˜‚


This morning also brings something a little more bittersweet. We’re meeting with a realtor to get Sam’s dad’s house listed to sell. It’s another step in a season filled with changes, and some changes carry a few more memories with them than others. ❤️





Back at our house, I’m continuing to do a little fall decorating. 🍁 I say a little, but we all know how that goes. One pumpkin leads to another pumpkin, which leads to a basket, a throw, a few leaves…and suddenly autumn has taken over the house.   πŸŽƒπŸ˜‚




And before this busy September day gets away from me…



Happy Birthday to our son-in-law, Tom!
πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰

We hope your day is filled with lots of happiness, plenty of good food, and all the things you enjoy most. We’re thankful you’re part of our crew!


So that’s September 2nd around here—paving stones, pumpkins, possible rain, a realtor, and a birthday!


I can already see that September didn’t get the memo that we were going to ease into fall. πŸ‚πŸ˜‚


Happy Wednesday, friends!


Shug.....

21 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Praying your time with the Realtor goes well.
Happy Birthday to your son - in - law.
Happy September,
Carla

Far Side of Fifty said...

September is bringing changes...I cannot imagine that you just have one pumpkin/Fall decoration! Thank you for the prayers, I appreciate you!

photowannabe said...

It looks like we may get a spritz of rain today or tomorrow too. It won't be enough to do anything but mess up the already messy windows !!
Praying things get settled with the house ... its always hard to sell the visible memories. I know the feeling since I was the only one to take care of my parents estate. No family to help except my sweet hubby. It really put a ache in me. But ... God ...
Hopefully you can ease into the rest of the month, and all the pavers and projects will go smoothly.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Kathy G said...

You certainly will have quite a full plate this month....but I know you and God will handle it.

Jenn Jilks said...

Happy Wednesday! We've lots of changes here, but I'm good with that.

Mari said...

We had some rain yesterday which was much needed! I hope you get some too.
Getting the house listed will be bittersweet for sure. I'll be excited to see how your outside project works out!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your placemat and the unique pumpkin painting! I hope to see more soon! What a sad time this must be for you. I hope there have been siblings to help you along the way. You must show us the paving stones when they are done! Too bad you can't do a 3-D one to show all around the house!

Mevely317 said...

Exciting times, Shug! Remember that sweet theme song from "Life Goes On?" That's what popped in my head just now. I can't wait to see your "after" photos.

Michelle said...

I have been decorating, too! I am ready for the change of seasons. I hope you get a gentle rain!

Ann said...

Hope all goes well with the realtor. Hope you’ll show the paver project once it’s finished. Happy birthday to your son in law

Linda said...

Hope all goes well with the realtor. I can't wait to see to the paver project. Happy birthday to your son in law.

Dianna said...

I hope you will share pictures of your lovely home...both inside with the fall decor and outside with the new pathways. xx

Billie Jo said...

Hello, lovely friend. Yes, September is here in Maryland but she is clearly confused because even though it is cozy as can be with all the fall inside, it is unbelievably hot and humid outside!!!!! Hugs!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I am happy you are getting some much needed rain. We are also supposed to have a full day of rain today...but that seldom happens when they forecast it. Time will tell. I love that you are doing projects around your house, inside and out. Those are good for the soul to keep you busy when I know you are also going through other challenges. Life does go on and we have to keep moving forward. I can imagine selling your father inlaw's house will be difficult. Praying it all goes well for you. I haven't gotten started on my fall decorating yet. It's still too hot and I've been too busy to really get serious about it. Maybe next week. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

You certainly have a September full of things to do before you can turn around, Shug! Happy Birthday to Tom and I hope you get that rain you need in Texas. Blessings!

Barbara said...

We always have big plans for September. We always think we’ll extend the summer and still enjoy the weather and yet, like you, the schedule fills up quickly.
I love your fall decorations. This is my favourite time of the year.

Kim Carberry said...

We have had rain almost every day for a week and it has been glorious! I hope the project outside goes well. Sending love and hugs, I hope the sale of Sam's dad's house goes smoothly.
Happy birthday to your son in law!

Red Rose Alley said...

I hope the sell of Sam's dad's house goes smoothly for you all, Shug. That's never easy. I really like those Fall dishes and the framed pumpkin picture. I can't wait to see some of your Fall decorations around the house. I chuckled when you said Autumn has taken over the house. It inspires me to do more, as I'm somewhat a minimalist. I always love to see houses decked out. And you're always have such creative ideas.
Have a sweet day, Shug.

Cheerful Monk said...

Happy September! I hope you get the right amount of rain. ❤️

Susan said...

Hi Shug...You did your fall decorating? Loved the pumpkin painting and the dishes! So lovely. I did decorating today! It's looking pretty good. I absolutely LOVE fall! It's my favorite season! Have a good rest of the week and weekend ahead!
Susan

Susan said...

P.S. Happy Birthday to Tom and good luck with the sale of Sam's father's house!

Dancing Light at Six Mile.

  The Light That Still Dances Across Six Mile There are places in Texas where stories do not fade with time. They linger in the dust of old ...