Monday, August 31, 2026

Whimmpydiddled

 Well friends, I had plans for the today.  I wouldn't call them ordinary plans....it was a morning where I had mapped out in my head exactly what I wanted to get accomplished today.

In my mind I was thinking...."Finally a day to get some things done that I want to get done."  Strong emphasis on the word I.  

Then came 8:30 a.m.

By 8:30 my entire day had been completely 

Whimmydiddled!!




Yes, I made that word up!!  And I honestly believe it deserves a permanent place in the dictionary. 

My morning took a sharp turn when I found myself on the phone for over 45 minutes on one phone call and another 25 minutes on the second call.  What I thought were simple calls turned out to be complex.  

I am having a small procedure done next week and due to the stent procedure that I had back in June, I have to have a clearance ahead of time.  Well, not me...the doctor has to have it....

lol.... The Doctor's office scheduler called me to say that she has been requesting this clearance for 2 weeks with no results.  If they could not get it, then I would have to reschedule my upcoming procedure.  

Come to find out, my cardiologist and his nurse have been out for the past two weeks.  They were back in the office this morning, so hopefully the information needed will reach who it needs to go to by Wednesday.  

Do you see why I made up a new word?  I feel that I have officially been Whimmydiddled today. 

We wake up thinking we are in charge and that we have everything planned out according to how we want things to go... God already knew what my morning would look like before I ever made my list.  I only hope I was able to deliver the attitude that was most pleasing to HIM.  

So....after I finished my calls....gathered my thoughts, I straightened my crown, rearranged my plans and found something to smile about...I have carried on with my day.  Not the day I planned, but the day God had planned for me.  

Thought for the Day:

When life changes your plans, don't let it steal your joy. Sometimes you just have to laugh, make up a word.... adjust your sails, trust God with the detour, and keep going.  

Happy Whimmydiddling Friends ❤️


Shug... 

1 comment:

  1. These words, "When life changes your plans, don't let it steal your joy." were the words that I needed to hear at this exact time, my friend. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Whimmpydiddled

  Well friends, I had plans for the today.  I wouldn't call them ordinary plans....it was a morning where I had mapped out in my head ex...