Well friends, I had plans for the today. I wouldn't call them ordinary plans....it was a morning where I had mapped out in my head exactly what I wanted to get accomplished today.
In my mind I was thinking...."Finally a day to get some things done that I want to get done." Strong emphasis on the word I.
Then came 8:30 a.m.
By 8:30 my entire day had been completely
Whimmydiddled!!
Yes, I made that word up!! And I honestly believe it deserves a permanent place in the dictionary.
My morning took a sharp turn when I found myself on the phone for over 45 minutes on one phone call and another 25 minutes on the second call. What I thought were simple calls turned out to be complex.
I am having a small procedure done next week and due to the stent procedure that I had back in June, I have to have a clearance ahead of time. Well, not me...the doctor has to have it....
lol.... The Doctor's office scheduler called me to say that she has been requesting this clearance for 2 weeks with no results. If they could not get it, then I would have to reschedule my upcoming procedure.
Come to find out, my cardiologist and his nurse have been out for the past two weeks. They were back in the office this morning, so hopefully the information needed will reach who it needs to go to by Wednesday.
Do you see why I made up a new word? I feel that I have officially been Whimmydiddled today.
We wake up thinking we are in charge and that we have everything planned out according to how we want things to go... God already knew what my morning would look like before I ever made my list. I only hope I was able to deliver the attitude that was most pleasing to HIM.
So....after I finished my calls....gathered my thoughts, I straightened my crown, rearranged my plans and found something to smile about...I have carried on with my day. Not the day I planned, but the day God had planned for me.
Thought for the Day:
When life changes your plans, don't let it steal your joy. Sometimes you just have to laugh, make up a word.... adjust your sails, trust God with the detour, and keep going.
Happy Whimmydiddling Friends ❤️
Shug...

23 comments:
These words, "When life changes your plans, don't let it steal your joy." were the words that I needed to hear at this exact time, my friend. Thank you. xx
Hello Dear Shug. Love your new header. I am very familiar with wimmpydiddling. Lots of my days go there. Ha ha ha We must just accept and adapt. Love your blog, Shug. I hope the rest of your week will be awesome. Susan
Oh Shug - that word is perfect. I've been there too. I love what you said about not letting it steal your joy. Makes me also think about the verse - A mans heart plans his course but the Lord determines his steps.
PS - I just love the new header!
I do love your invented word and might have to use it someday.
That's right: keep going...
That sounds like our normal life. 😊
Oh my. Well, I just know the insurance will clear by the date of the procedure! You are always so flexible and good with change!
Hope the clearance goes through in time for your procedure. I love your new word and your attitude towards the unexpected twist in your day
Great new word for something we all experience from time to time, sometimes more often than not! It seems like everytime I think I'm going to have a day to get things caught up around the house, something happens to throw a monkey wrench into the works and nothing gets done that I had planned on, but things get done that apparently God had planned on! One thing I've learned is that housework will always be here waiting...no one else is going to sneak in during the night and do it for me, so don't fret...it will wait on ME to get it done eventually (or not!).
Whimmydiddled is a brilliant word which I might have to start using. I hope everything is sorted in time for your procedure.
I am wishing you a long stretch of days without any whimmydiddling :-)
Lol! I love your new word. I’d love to use it sometime - but hey, who am I kidding - I won’t remember what it was when the time comes!
There’s a saying - We plan and God laughs. I sounds exactly what happened to you.
I hope everything is able to get sorted out for you without having to reschedule.
I hope you get the clearance ahead of time before the procedure, Shug. And being on the phone that long out of necessity is no fun at all. You seem to always smile through the setbacks, my friend. Happy September Shug!
That is one humdinger of a word, Shug, and it certainly fits the situation! You certainly showed grace when circumstances changed your plans. I admire that!
I love the new word and applaud your attitude.
Your attitude is something I want to bottle up and give to some people I know. Ha!! Shug, you just know how to make me smile and keep going... no matter what!!
Love Ya!
Oh Boy ... How I love your word... It seems that August has been filled with changes of "MY" plans and my ear has been falling off from the Loooong phone calls that get no where. I really do get it...
That's where I am taking a deep breath and pulling up my Big Girl Panties, straightening my crown and getting on with the day.
Thanks for giving me a smile and a good kick forward!!
Still praying for You and Sam !
(((hugs)))
Sue
Once again, Shug, your experience and your story have both taught and entertained me. And yes, your blog header today is really nice!
I can sympathize with you! I have had these days many a time. Glad you were able to take it all in stride and press on!
I so love your new word -- almost as much as I love the new header. Oh, I can't wait to incorporate into conversation real soon!
PS - How is Mylee enjoying college life?
So my morning took an unexpected turn and I was able to use your new word! Actually wrote a post about the whole thing (and of course gave you credit).
That happened to us. Jordan needed a ride to Kingston. It was lovely!
I've been struggling with the frustration of my planned ahead days taking sharp turns too and that word is perfect.
You have such a great attitude, and though mine does not come close, your new word did give me a smile.
Post a Comment