Tuesday, August 25, 2026

The Car Wash

 Life Through a Car Wash


Today, of all places, I found myself thinking about life while sitting in a car wash.


I had driven up onto that little ramp—which, by the way, always makes me a tiny bit nervous. You have to get your tires lined up just right, put the car in neutral, take your hands off the wheel, and trust that something you cannot control is going to carry you forward.


And maybe that was my first lesson. ❤️


Sometimes life asks us to let go of the wheel.


As my car began moving through the wash, I watched my windshield change right before my eyes.





First came the soap. Bright red covered the glass, and then suddenly it was blue. Colors swirled together until I could barely see what was in front of me.





Then came those huge blue brushes, beating and spinning against the windshield. For a few seconds, everything outside disappeared. It was dark, noisy, confusing, and even a little intimidating.


And I thought…


Isn’t that just like life?


There are seasons when everything is colorful and beautiful. Life feels good, the sun is shining, the people we love are near, and we can clearly see the road ahead.


Then, sometimes without warning, everything changes.


Something comes crashing against our world. We receive news we weren’t expecting. We lose someone we love. Plans change. Our hearts hurt. Fear creeps in. Suddenly, we can’t see very far ahead.


There are times when life feels a little like being inside that car wash—noisy, dark, messy, and completely out of our control.


But then came the water.




It poured over the windshield like heavy rain, washing away all those colors and all that soap. For another moment, my view was distorted. But little by little, the windshield became clearer.


And finally…


I could see again.



The darkness hadn’t lasted.
The pounding hadn’t lasted.

The confusion hadn’t lasted.


And neither do many of the difficult seasons of our lives.


Sometimes we have to travel through the darkness before we can appreciate the light. Sometimes we have to experience the rain before we notice how beautiful everything looks when the sun comes back out.


And sometimes we simply have to trust the One who knows where this journey is taking us.


I couldn’t steer my car through that wash. I couldn’t hurry it along. I couldn’t skip the dark part and go straight to the sunshine.


All I could do was trust the process and keep moving forward.


Maybe that’s something I needed to be reminded of today.


We aren’t promised a life without scary ramps, dark places, pounding storms, or moments when we can’t see what is ahead.


But we are promised that we don’t have to travel through them alone.


“When I am afraid, I put my trust in You.” — Psalm 56:3


So, if you’re in one of life’s darker places right now, remember this:


The windshield will not always look the way it does in this moment.


The rain will come. The washing will happen. The darkness will lift.


And one day, perhaps when you least expect it, you’ll look up and realize…


Hey....I can see the light again.


Who knew God could tuck a little life lesson inside something as ordinary as a trip through the car wash? ❤️


I made it out safely ✓  My Car is clean ✓  The Lord spoke to me through this short ride ✓


🤣  😂. I went to wash my car in hopes that it would rain!!  This is usually what happens...but today, No rain!!


Y'all Enjoy Your Day...


Shug....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

The Car Wash

  Life Through a Car Wash Today, of all places, I found myself thinking about life while sitting in a car wash . I had driven up onto that l...