Another Trip Around the Sun… and TWO Cakes!
🎂🎂
Well, I have officially celebrated another birthday, and I have to say… this one was pretty fabulous! ❤️
I got to spend it exactly the way I love — surrounded by family, enjoying a wonderful dinner out, laughing, visiting, and simply being thankful for the people sitting around the table with me.
All four of our grandsons and their families live SIX hours away. Our oldest granddaughter lives about 40 miles away. Trista's husband works out of state and Mylee left for College last week. This just left the 5 of us (Sam, Trista, Shanda, Tom and myself) to celebrate with a very nice dinner.
And apparently one birthday cake just wasn’t enough for this birthday girl. 😂 There were TWO!
First up was a chocolate-on-chocolate cake — because if you’re going to have chocolate, you might as well fully commit! 🍫🎂
And then came one of my absolute favorites… Italian cream cheese cake. Oh mercy. That one never disappoints! I’m pretty sure birthday calories don’t count anyway, and if they do, I have decided I simply don’t want to know. 😂
But as wonderful as dinner and TWO cakes were, the sweetest part of my birthday was all the love I received. So many birthday wishes, cards, messages, phone calls and thoughtful gifts came my way. I read every single wish and thought about how very blessed I am to have so many wonderful people in my life.
Birthdays change us as we get older. We may not be quite as excited about adding another candle to the cake... (at this point, we might need a fire permit! 🔥😂)... but we become much more thankful for another year, another memory, another family dinner, another laugh and another chance to be with the people we love.
My heart is full, my sweet tooth is VERY happy, and I’m stepping into another year feeling incredibly loved and blessed.
Thank you to everyone who helped make my birthday so special. You truly blessed my heart. ❤️
And just for the record… if having two birthday cakes is a sign of how this next year is going to go, I think I’m going to like it! 🎂🎂🥰
Happy Tuesday!!
Shug...




24 comments:
I'm so glad that you had such a special birthday. I mean, two birthday cakes HAS to register it as a "special" birthday...for a very special lady. I'm so glad that you received your card on your birthday! The mail from WV travels kind of slow and even with sending it out a week ago today, I wasn't sure it would make there in time. I'm so glad it did.
Sending hugs and many prayers for a very special year ahead. May God bless you with continued peace and joy, my sweet friend. xx
What a lovely celebration! A special lady needs 2 special cakes. Time spent with family is truly the best gift. I know you are very loved!
Happy, happy birthday!
Happy Happy Birthday, Shug!! You are my favorite uplifting devotional writer! And you look beautiful!
Happy Birthday . I'm glad you had a nice celebration. 2 birthday cakes is pretty impressive.
Happy birthday - a two-cake birthday is one to celebrate indeed
Aww! Happy late Birthday! The cakes sound Delicious!!
hugs
Donna
Oh how wonderful!! Happy Happy Birthday...and may the Lord bless you with many more! And two cakes sounds pretty good to me! But most especially being with your dear family, even if not the whole family, being with your hubby and daughters especially is really sweet. You are blessed for sure.
WONDERFUL - HAPPY IRTHDAY TO YOU. There is nothing like Jesus and FAMILY!
Happy Birthday, Shug!!! What a wonderful celebration you had with your family that loves and cherishes you so much. Yes, you are a blessed woman!
I would love both cakes, and the ice cream sparklers and out for dinner with family.. the perfect way to celebrate. this world we live in now is totally diferent that's when I was a child, we all lived within an hours drive or next door and in same city. now there is no one left in Savannah for me to visit. scattered like quail all over the states.
Lovely pictures of you and the family. So glad you had such a nice celebration. Right you are about needing a fire extinguisher at hand. I'm having some mixed feelings about my next BD, I will be 76 and thinking about how close that is to 80 is giving me some anxiety. Can't say I've felt that way other years.
Happy Birthday! Your family sure knows how to celebrate you.
Happy Birthday Shug! Oh my, I don't know whether I'd like that chocolate chocolate one or the Italian cream one. I would have a slice of both hehehe. A very nice gathering with your family. And it sounds like you had such a special day. I love your blouse, by the way. Here's to more sweet birthdays, Shug!
Happy Birthday and many happy returns filled with joy, good health and whatever you desire.
God bless you all.
Happiest of Birthdays to you dearest Shug! May this year bring abundant blessings your way. Love the pics and your cakes sounded AMAZING! Nope, calories do not count on your bday...or the week after as far as I'm concerned. Lol Sending big hugs and love to you! 💗🎂🎉
Happy birthday!! It sounds like you had such a lovely celebration! Yay to the two cakes and why not! hehehe
Love the photo of you and Sam celebrating your birthday. Its a wall hanger for sure.
Sounds like your day was really special and I know you felt the love just oozing over you.
I totally agree that's its not about the gifts any longer but the people in the heart. ...
But 2 cakes aren't too bad either. I think I am drooling over that cheese cake ...
Love you
Sue
Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful year. ❤️
Happy Birthday, Shug! You and your family really know how to celebrate. Thanks for giving us a peek into all the fun!
Happy Birthday! 2 cakes is the bomb!
Ooooh, how did I miss knowing your birthday?! I'm so glad you were celebrated so wonderfully ... deservedly so. Now, where can I get my hands on a cheesecake like that!?
Happy "New Year", dear Shug!
Oh, the photo of you and Sam is so precious. You are so lovely and he handsome. What a special way to spend getting just a little, older and wiser with our life experiences. So Happy two cake Birthday. What a lovely family and the love and care just shows through the computer screen. Haven't commented in a while but have enjoyed my visits. Sending hugs.
Aww, Shug, what a beautiful happy post. Great pictures of you and your family. The love just shines through. You are a very blessed lady.
Belated Happpy Birthday to you.
Happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment