This is not just any ol’ light.
On Friday night, this light shined on 43 very special residents at BVT—and somehow, it seemed to shine a little brighter than most.
BVT is the home where my niece, Tammy, lives. It’s a home for adults with disabilities, but Friday night wasn’t about disabilities. It wasn’t about what someone could or couldn’t do.
Friday night was about TALENT. Courage. Joy. And having your moment in the spotlight. ❤️
They held their very own “Breckenridge Has Talent” show, and let me tell you, they definitely have talent!
One by one, the residents stepped into that beam of light and shared something special. There was music, laughter, applause, and plenty of moments that made your heart swell. Some may have been a little nervous, some a little shy—but when that spotlight found them, it was their time to shine.
And shine they did.
There were four judges, but you wouldn’t have found a Simon Cowell in the bunch. 😂 Every contestant received encouragement, praise, and the kind of positive reviews that made smiles stretch from ear to ear. There were no losers that night. Every single person who stepped onto that stage was already a winner.
And then came my Tammy. ❤️
She stepped into that light and sang “El Shaddai.” And yes, this aunt was proud.
But as I watched her—and all the others—I realized that beautiful beam of light represented something much bigger than a talent show.
For a few minutes, each person standing beneath it knew without question:
I am seen.
I am heard.
I am important.
And this is my moment.
Sometimes we spend so much time looking at what makes people different that we forget to notice all the wonderful things that make them extraordinary.
Friday night, there were 43 reminders.
Forty-three people with personalities, gifts, humor, courage, music in their hearts, and something worth sharing with the world.
So, no…this is not just any ol’ light.
It’s the light that shined on 43 stars at Breckenridge Has Talent. 🌟
And judging by those smiles, I have a feeling the people sitting in the audience walked away shining a little brighter, too. I know that I did!!
Happy Sunday,
Shug....




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...