Friday, August 14, 2026

Riddle Answers

 Riddle Answers:


* A man shaves several times a day but still has a beard.  Who is he?   Answer:  A Barber

* You see a boat filled with people, yet there isn't a single person on board.  How is this possible?

Answer: Everyone on the boat is Married...no singles

* What five letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?

Answer:  Short.    (Shorter)

* What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?

Answer: The Letter M

* Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?

Answer: Mount Everest...it just had not been discovered yet.  

* What English word has three consecutive double letters?

Answer: Bookkeeper

Thanks for playing Y'all.  



Lunch with Friends.....


Yesterday, I had lunch with my friends...
Joyce, Susie and Vicki.  

We chose to eat at the Clubhouse, which was a smart idea. 
This was our monthly lunch outing and since our 55th High School Class Reunion is coming up on the 22nd, we had much to discuss.  

This makes the 11th Reunion we have all planned together.  Hey, we are pro's at this now days.... 
Sadly, a few of our classmates said they were not going to be able to make it due to health issues.

Anyways...(I have to tell y'all...the word Anyways most likely will not ever be invited to a fancy grammar party, but it keeps showing up in MY vocabulary). 😂

Anyways....

Our meal was so good.   As you can see from the picture above, I had a Patty melt with a side of sweet potato fries. 
The other's had quesadilla's and Susie had a chicken sandwich with avocado dressing.  

Sooooo Good!! 🩷

Oh....y'all are gonna love this!!  We met at 11:00 A.M. and we finished up around 3:00 P.M.  You might say we enjoyed a LONG lunch date.  Many times we found ourselves discussing far off topics like where we plan to travel to next. Many places came up on our list:
A cruise
Ireland
Branson, Mo.
Alaska
The Blue Ridge Mountains
Kentucky to see the "Ark"
Train ride across the country
And....A River Cruise

It's fun to make plans even if they never happen or if trips have to be delayed.  Are hearts are traveling diva's but our pocket books are like...still recovering from our last great idea..   By the way, did you know you can wander around google maps for FREE. 

Other conversations consisted of what to wear to the reunion, or how to cover up wrinkles!  LOL.  And yes, we discussed our ailments.  
It was a GREAT day...

One of my favorite things about the day was coming home to a very clean house.  My house cleaner came and my house smelled so clean and looked so good.  

Did I mention that it was a GREAT DAY?

Love and appreciate each of you...

Shug...








21 comments:

photowannabe said...

Now that sounds like a perfect day to me !!!
Good friends, Great food, Lots of laughs and Great conversation.
Its wonderful that you all get together still after so many years.
I love the dreaming and planning parts too. It all definitely keeps you Young.
Dave and I had a really nice evening last night. Our Small Group Bible Study gang came over for dessert and a time of catching up. After 3 months of MIA we had a whole lot of chatting to do. Everyone had had so many health issues that it was good to see us all above the Sod. 8 of us talked for 3 hours and continued to gab going out the door and waving good bye. Love our "Family". We have been together for 14 years.
Sue

Dianna said...

What a fun lunch date you had yesterday, dear Shug! I'm so glad. Those are the best kind. Happy planning for that class reunion! xx

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your melt and fries look SO good! Y'all are professional chatters! I am so glad you have a house cleaner, with everything else you are going through. I like your travel list. I would choose Ireland for sure. and I already live in the Blue Ridge Mountains! One side is Blue Ridge, the other side is Appalachian Mountains.

Susan said...

Oh, WOW, Shug. That day sounded fabulous-------lunch out with friends, making memories, and having your house cleaned, too! That sounds AWESOME to me. I hope you get to go on one of those trips in the futrure! And one more thing......that patty melt and sweet potato fries look YUMMY. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. Susan

Mari said...

That sounds like a marvelous day and a good lunch.
I loved the riddles. They make such good sense once you know the answers! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to read that some are having health issues. That's not fun. Love that you get together. Enjoyed the riddles. Thanks!

Jenn Jilks said...

That sounds like fun. Hubby went out for a long lunch with a friend this week. Same deal. Except, he got stuck in a storm and sat in the car. I wasn't sure where he was!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I'd say that you had a stellar day with your high school friends, Shug, and I hope y'all have a tremendously successful reunion. I love the answers for the riddles, and actually had two of them figured out. Thanks for always brightening my day. Blessings!

Red Rose Alley said...

The patty melt looks really good. I used to get one every time me and my best friend met for lunch at our favorite restaurant. A fun time out with your high school friends. And those gals we grew up with seem to know us the best, right? Thanks for the answers, and Mount Everest was a trickster. A train ride sounds wonderful. I hope you get to do that someday. Have a splendid weekend, Shug.

Barbara said...

Thanks for the tip about wandering around Google maps for free. I will check into that since I'm not into just a lot of real-time travel right now. Thanks, too, for the answers to the riddles from yesterday. I couldn't figure out a single one and then when I read the answers, I knew I should have tried harder!!! Blessings and hugs to you!

Kathy G said...

I love patty melts, but anymore they don't like me.

Mevely317 said...

Oh, I love a good patty melt on rye ... with extra mayo! Your ladies' luncheons make mine pale by comparison. Yes, please to the train. And Branson. AND that river cruise!

Now I wish I'd worked harder on those riddles. Such fun!

Linda said...

Oh gosh, your meal looked so good!! And I know we have never met in person, but love and appreciate you too. smiles

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I missed your post with the riddles, so I was looking at this and saying, "Hey! Wait a minute! Don't give the answers so fast!" But I was glad you did because I probably wouldn't have figured them out anyway! LOL. I love hearing about your day with your school friends, etc. That sounds SO wonderful. I know you had a great time. Our class needs to start planning another reunion. OUr last one was our 50th, and we should have a 60th in 2028. I hope there are enough of us left to do it. And all those trip ideas you and your friends were discussing sound so great. I guess we can all dream even if we can't make it physically or financially, it's nice to have a dream. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful weekend. Your lunch looks good. I love sweet potato fries!

Ann said...

I was right yesterday. I had two figured out. I should have known the others too but my brain wasn’t working well enough.
Sounds like you had a great time out with the girls

Cheerful Monk said...

I’m glad you had a wonderful time! ❤️

Heather said...

That lunch looks so yummy, and yay for time with friends. <3

Judee said...

The riddles were so much fun!! I liked that you didn't reveal the answers until the next post-- I didn't get a one of them but I enjoyed playing. Thanks.

Michelle said...

Your lunch looks good. I love sweet potato fries. Sounds like you have a great group of friends :)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Sounds like a fun day.
I enjoyed the riddles but only got two right.

Donna said...

I quit going to our reunions...we all see each other here in town all the time, it just isn't interesting anymore. lol
LOVE the meal!
hugs
Donna

Pecans and a Recipe or Two

My new order of Fresh Fall Pecans arrived on Thursday.... We always order our pecans out of Arkansas and they are the best.  They come from ...