Sunday, July 19, 2026

Saturday Accomplishments

 Happy Sunday, friends!


Yesterday morning, Trista and I made an early trip to Hobby Lobby, arriving just after the doors opened. Wow…I felt like fall had completely taken over the store overnight!


Not My Buggy!!

 Pumpkins were everywhere—tiny little pumpkins, giant orange pumpkins, velvet pumpkins, pumpkins in every color imaginable. And if that wasn’t enough, Christmas decorations were already making their grand appearance too! Y’all…it’s still HOT here in Texas! It’s hard to wrap my mind around pumpkins and Christmas trees when we’re still sweating through triple-digit temperatures.




Our mission wasn’t to shop for fall, though. We were there to pick up the last few things for Tori’s upcoming Bridgerton-inspired bridal shower. I’ve been making the lighted centerpieces for the guest tables, with two centerpieces to be on each table. Yesterday afternoon I settled in and got busy. I’m happy to say I’ve finished 12 of them…only 8 more to go! Seeing everything come together is so exciting, and I can’t wait for everyone to see them.



Once we finished shopping, we walked next door to Chicken Salad Chick for a quick sandwich. It couldn’t have worked out any better—good food, great company, and just enough time to recharge before heading home to tackle the rest of the day’s projects.



It turned into one of those wonderfully busy Saturdays where you’re constantly on the go, yet by the end of the day you can look around and say, “I really got a lot accomplished.” Those are the best kinds of days.




Now we’re looking ahead to another week of true Texas summer. The forecast is calling for temperatures around 101 degrees with plenty of humidity. Whew! That’s definitely not my favorite

kind of weather.


No place to sit at this table for sure!!!


I hope each of you has a beautiful Sunday. Take time to slow down, count your blessings, and enjoy this day that the Lord has made.


Have a wonderful day, sweet friends! ❤️



Shug......🌻

14 comments:

  1. I am so not ready for pumpkin things yet, and certainly not Christmas!
    Your bridal shower decorations are fabulous, Just gorgeous - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thecontemlativecat here.. Hobby Lobby! Haven't been there in a long time. You are right, Halloween and T-giving are being set up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa ... I love the Flip Flops for the summer heat !! Wouldn't that be perfect?
    Oh my goodness ... your center pieces are glorious and wow you can work so quickly. That would be daunting for me to do now. I think God gave you an extra measure of creativity in your genes. What a Shower that is going to be.
    Please stay cool and wear those flip flops. Triple digits are not my favorite for sure and especially with the humidity. We thankfully don't have a lot of that here in the greater Sacramento area. The week is going to be in the high 90's but not break the 100's yet as it usually does. I am grateful.
    Prayers continuing for Sam and for you.
    Love you
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Shug, your decorations for the bridal shower are marvelous! You certainly have an eye for artistic creations and you put that talent to good use. I'm glad Saturday was a full and satisfying day for Trista and you. Oh, and I really got a kick out of the flip-flops - LOL! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a tad cooler in my area, but the humidity is so high my glasses are fogging up when I come out of air conditioned buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, the table is GORGEOUS!!!! You always have such a good eye for home decor. Will you be decorating for Fall? I've made two trips to Hobby Lobby recently. And now I am looking forward to Buckee's. They are about an hour away, so we don't get there too often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so much fun! I love the decor. We've cooled off today. It is unsettling. The norht is burning. We are grateful not to have that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so creative. The centerpieces look beautiful.
    Love the Texas flip flops.
    Not a fan of pumpkins and Christmas decorations so early in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We could use some of those ice cube tray flip flops here in North Central Florida, too! How clever! Your bridal shower designs are beautiful! That's going to be a fun occasion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The centerpieces look fantastic - you are so talented! I love the Texas flipflops, but they would be cold. Andy, Shaye, and Mackenzie are flying to Dallas over the weekend. It's supposed to still be hot!
    A little too early for pumpkins and Christmas.
    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fabulous centerpieces, Shug! Were those little lamps found at Hobby Lobby, too? I'm thinking I need to check it out.
    We're needing some of those flip flops here in Alabama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered the lights on Amazon....Battery operated

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a perfect Saturday. Those centerpieces are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Shug, I went into Hobby Lobby recently, and I was delighted to see all the Fall things already. The lighted centerpieces are very pretty, and so creative. I'm glad you got so much done on your Saturday outing. The brown lamp shades go well with the pink flowers. You did a great job on these. Try to stay cool, Shug, with the heat and humidity that you're having.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Saturday Accomplishments

  Happy Sunday, friends! Yesterday morning, Trista and I made an early trip to Hobby Lobby, arriving just after the doors opened. Wow…I felt...