Hello Dear Friends....boy...I have missed you all. I certainly have!
I love how the Lord orders our steps each day and how HE knows exactly what we need. Little did I know when I first decided to take a L-O-N-G break, that I would need every minute of it.
We were not able to celebrate the 4th of July this year like we normally do... Sam was way too sick and was in his chair (sleeping) most of the weekend. This is okay though...we heard plenty of fireworks and we watched a few 4th of July celebrations on the screen..
On the 9th of July, we celebrated two birthdays....Trista turned "51" and William turned "2" TWO!! Three cakes I do believe was plenty!! William had a "Toy Story" cake while Trista enjoyed her favorite Chocolate with Chocolate icing cake!! And then....While I was at the bakery picking up the other cakes, I found this delicious looking white cake with Strawberry fluff icing...I had to bring it home!! I mean, this cake looked way too delicious to just be sitting in that cooler...It needed a home!!
Would you believe I have no pictures of the cakes??
One of our grandsons and his family from West Texas was here for several days, and our Military family from up North was here for a full week. And...our oldest granddaughter and her finance came for the big Birthday celebration. Gosh....I can't even begin to tell you how much we loved having our family HOME!! Throughout the week, my backdoor was like a revolving door....and I loved every minute of it. I loved the sound of the side door, opening and closing over and over again.
Let me tell you....The Pool was the center of attraction, especially with the Summer heat here in Texas. This heat was very hard on our family from up North and they spent a lot of time chilling in the pool. They throughly enjoyed their time here at Shug's house, but they were very happy to get home and to get out of this Texas heat and humidity...
Would you believe that I managed to sneak away and go to the hair salon. Y'all....I cut my hair!!! I really did. No more long ponytail. I think it was like 7 inches that I had cut off and I'm still contemplating cutting it even shorter at my next visit.
I really do not have any photos to post. I did take photos with my new camera, but I haven't learned to download them to my computer as of yet. Mylee is my technology teacher and she is in Florida right now...π️ enjoying the beach. I'll have to wait until she gets home to learn how to download them.
Can't wait to catch up on my reading and see what all of you have been doing.... Hope all is well for each of you... BIG OL' HUGS...
Shug....
I have missed you - guess there feels like something is missing when I don't hear from you. I totally understand. It is important to visit the family when they are there. And to take breaks. You need to replenish yourself. I have been praying for you all. Sounds hard. The chocolate cake would have been my choice. I can't wait to see your haircut - it probably looks great. Well good you are back! Sandie
ReplyDeleteHi Shug, glad to see you back. The cakes sound good and I think that White/strawberry cake did need to come home with you.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Sam has been so sick lately, prayers continue for all of you.
Sending love and hugs. I hope Sam is feeling a little better now.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like fun celebrations for the birthdays. Yum to the cakes! How lovely to have your family visiting.
It sounds like a wonderful break, but I'm glad you're back.
ReplyDeleteYou don't know how much I have missed you !!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that Sam wasn't feeling good for the 4th and boy it seems he sure has a lot of Dr. Apts. What does taking no more chemo meds mean? Is it for the next MRI?
You know I will be praying for Sam and of course for you as well.
Hope you can figure out the download stuff soon. What would we do if it wasn't for our kids and their techie abilities !!
Hugs
Sue
What a delight, seeing you back in my tribe of extraordinary friends!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear of happy days spent in and around the pool ... the sounds of that back door and laughter coming from the pool.
Girl, I can't wait to see a picture of your chic new hairstyle.
Meanwhile, I'm lifting bold prayers for Sam's comfort and your peace of mind!
Welcome back, Shug. I missed you.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear Sam was feeling sick for the 4th. I too was wondering about the why of taking no more chemo meds.
Hope he is feeling better and gets an encouraging report on the upcoming MRI.
Continuing to pray.
Welcome back. I'm so glad that you enjoyed time with family. Sorry to hear Sam was sick. Hope he's doing better now.
ReplyDeleteShug, welcome back! I would love to see your hair! I'm sorry Sam wasn't feeling well. I know this is a tough time. I hope having family there lifted his spirits and yours too. Take care my sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteI missed you! It's good having you back. ❤️
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! Having your whole family together at the same time sounds perfect, what fun. I really hope Sam is feeling better now; chemo can be such tough stuff.
ReplyDeleteThose cakes sound irresistible, especially the strawberry one. No wonder you had to heroically swoop in and save it from a tragic fate; it’s exactly the kind of noble act I’d commit without hesitation! π
Good to hear from you Shug! Chemo is so hard on older guys. Give Sam my best and prayers for him too!
ReplyDeleteShug, your update was such a joy to read. You always capture the sweetest moments of everyday life, and your cheerful spirit shines through every post. Hope your week continues to be full of little blessings.
ReplyDeleteHurrah, you're back!! You had a lot going on, and it would have been so hard to post at the same time. I am so sorry about Sam! I continue to pray for him and read his sidebar updates. Are you gonna show us your hair?
ReplyDeleteYour cheerful presence here has been sorely missed, Shug, and I'm so glad you're back! Yes, God knows our needs before we ask; He knew you needed that time with your family visits, making precious memories together. Prayers lifted for Sam!
ReplyDeleteIt was good to see a post from you again, Shug. wow, your Trista turned 51! Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is my kind of cake. ; ) And what a delightful Toy Story cake for William. Your new hair cut sounds very cute, and it will be nice to have shorter hair with the heat that you're having in Texas. I'm so sorry Sam has been very sick lately. I do hope he feels better soon. Try to stay cool, Shug. And I'm so glad you are having a nice restful break and spending time with family. Love that picture of the little one enjoying his watermelon.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to hear from you and to learn that happy family events have been taking place.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Sam is so ill and hope there will be some let-up in his troubles soon.
Hello beautiful Shug! I saw the pic of your haircut and it's so pretty!! I cut about 3-4 inches off at my last appointment and I'm thinking about going a bit shorter next time too! So pretty. Sorry to hear that Sam hadn't been feeling well and I'm sending up prayers for him to feel better and stronger each day. Your celebrations and cakes all sounded amazing!! I can relate with your relatives from the north - I just can't do heat and humidity like that. I'd be a wilted flower. Lol Sending you big hugs and love back! xoxo
ReplyDelete