Saturday, August 31, 2024

Season change

Well....today is the last day of August 2024. 

September arrives tomorrow !!!!!!!! 

I am so very ready for the purest arrival of Fall, and for the beauty that it brings.  

In our home, September usually begins with baking.  My kiddos LOVE Banana Nut Bread. 

 Well...some of them like Banana NUT and the others prefer Banana Bread.  

 

Around the middle of the month, I will gradually begin to bring out some Fall colors.  Normally.....the kitchen is first to receive the warmth of the autumn palette.  I will keep a few cool colors like the blues and greens, but I will transition to the vibrant colors of orange, yellow and earthy Browns. 

 With this all done, I can embrace the scents of vanilla and apple spice, which delivers a very welcoming addition to my kitchen. 

borrowed photo.....not my kitchen

When my kitchen is completed with Fall accents, I then move to our living area, where I incorporate some natural elements.  Fall is not all about colors.......the season is associated with pumpkins, lights, pillows, blankets, candles, and other items that reflect my own personal style.....even down to the smallest details.  Crazy as it might sound, I also like to change my curtains.  I normally do this by selecting either a red plaid or red and white checked, that  compliments my decorations for both seasons.  


Next is my front porch and doors.  I pretty much go with a fall wreath, fall flowers in my big black pots (that sits on each side of the front doors) and a few pumpkins to add to the seasonal decor.  Of course....a few Fall flags are placed in my flower beds and a large flag that attaches to the pole on the corner of the house.  

The season of Fall is a favorite of many people, including me.  The characteristics of Fall are all reflections of our own personalities and the look of what we are striving for.  Sometimes I go through the house and move things from one place to the other, until I secure the look that I was looking for.  

What are 3 things that you love about Fall??

My answers to this question follow:

1.  The scent of Fall and the crisp morning air.

    I love the smell of the earth, the falling leaves, and the freshness of the air.    

2.  Baking and comfort foods.   Oh yes...this is my season!  Soups, Chili, Breads and desserts along with Thanksgiving foods and snacks of all kinds.   Pecan Pie! 

3.  Sweatshirts, leggings, soft blankets, Basketball, Fall festivals, and gorgeous colors.  


I think this is more than 3 things, so I guess it is safe to say that I am entering into a love affair with this season.  LOL.


I am grateful for the changing of the seasons.  


shug.  







                                                         







 

5 comments:

  1. I bake year-round, even in the summer. I just love baking. In other news, as I write this comment, I'm having a warm vanilla tea drink with out milk creamer, wearing a big comfy sweatshirt that reads: I just wanna bake and watch scary movies plus, there's another round of popovers due to come out of the oven in less than ten minutes. Our Halloween decor has been out since the start of July. Love that! Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shug~ Loved this warm, cozy post! Your banana bread looks delicious. I would love the recipe ;0) Your curtains are so pretty. I don't think you can ever go wrong with a pretty plaid or strip, and red, that's one of my favorite colors. I start putting touches of fall in my home right before September. Little things, a cute door mat, a pretty wreath, a few fall throws... small things. On Monday, I will get out my fall bins, and start putting things together. That little pumpkins filled with succulents is adorable... it made me smile :0) Happy Labor Day!! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall sounds lovely around your home, Shug. I love the glass pumpkins on your Header. The red and white curtains sound very nice. Your banana nut bread sounds wonderful. Have you ever tried putting chocolate chips in it? My son-in-law bakes chocolate chip banana bread for us every Christmas, it's so Yummy. Your pillows, blankets, and candles sound so cozy for the season. And your Fall wreath sounds charming. I look forward to seeing it all!

    To answer your question.....I love everything about Fall, and I love the orange colors associated with it, but I also have used Blue accents too. I love spice candles, pumpkin desserts, cooler weather, plaid throws, cute Fall coffee cups, and orange pumpkins on my porch. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sherry - I bet your home is gorgeous the way you changed things up. I don't - but I like to think about it. I love the yellow glass pumpkin in the header and the white one on the table!!! And I would love to have those scents in my house - but my daughter is allergic if you can believe it. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the fall, too, Shug, and your decor to celebrate is lovely. In addition to all you have mentioned here, I love the arrival of college football. Go, Dawgs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Life is Like a Movie

Life is like a movie.......                   Life most definitely can be like a movie.  I know for me, I sometimes experience  1.  Mysterie...