Sunday, August 11, 2024

There was a time when I was the only one in the family that had an August Birthday!  Not so any longer!  Now, there are four of us......







Last evening, we celebrated Grandson #2's Birthday.  Tucker's birthday is actually on Monday, August 12th, however, he will be working out of town, so we celebrated him a little early.


Things about Tucker:
1.  Handsome
2.  Cancer Survivor
3.  LOVES sports
4.  Loves GOLF.......and is a GREAT GOLFER
5.  A brand new Dad
6.  Hard worker and provides well for his family
7.  Loves the Lord
8.  Definitely a people person.


I cooked Ribs, BBQ sausage, Baked potatoes, Green beans, Baked beans, and Tucker's favorite.....Frito Mexican salad.  Warm Bread slices and Southern sweet tea is always a must.  


Fourteen of us gathered for this wonderful meal, then......it was time for Cake, candles and ice cream.  Remember the cake that I went to pick up on Friday, from The Cherry Laurel Bakery?

This bakery did it again.  They delivered the best butter rum flavored cake, and the icing was a huge hit as well.  A 12 inch round, double layer cake was the perfect size cake and now Tucker has birthday cake to celebrate again on his actual birthday (Monday)

I honestly was still not feeling super well yesterday, so would you believe that I did not take a single picture of this celebration?  Hopefully, his mom was able to take some pictures and I can get them from her.  

After Dinner, we had cake and ice cream,  and then came Pool time.  Several of the big kids swam and we even had a couple that were not planning on swimming, but yet, they had no choice.  Seems that our guys, love to throw you in the pool....👀 👀.  All is good though. They all love each other and they are always playing tricks on one another....    Most likely, if you are out by the pool without your swim suit on.....You ARE GOING IN THE POOL.  ðŸ˜‚😂😂


Can't believe I did not get pictures.  


Wishing you all a wonderful day ahead. 

Shug.   



7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your grandson. He sounds very special! It sounds like a fun birthday party. Who is the boy in your header picture. Is that Tucker? He is adorable. Oh, I enjoyed your comment on my last post. And funny how the computer called me Jenny. Darn computers! Always doing that to me too. :) I make enough mistakes on my own. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were well enough to be there and have some fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful family times together! All your food sounds wonderful, what a special celebration for everyone! There is nothing like family getting together and having good times and lots of laughs! Many blessings to you, and happy birthday to you and all those in your family who now celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very happy family that love each other and like to have fun! That’s wonderful. Happy Birthday to Tucker. 🎈🎂🎉

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do have lots of birthdays in August. Happy birthday to all. Hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to all your dear ones in August. We have a few celebrations in August too. The rum flavored cake sounds fantastic! YUMMY! I hope you start to feel better with each day, Shug.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great celebration! Happy Birthday to you which ever date is yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Waiting on a Dream

Waiting on a Dream to come true can sometimes be a very long wait.... Hopefully my niece's dream has finally happened.       I have talk...