Friday, August 9, 2024

My Friday

 My Friday.

                     🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕

I woke up this morning feeling great or so I thought.  I had my coffee and I went through my early morning rituals....things I do every morning.  

I then went outside and watered all of my plants. Still feeling pretty good.  

I needed to drive over about 20 miles and pick up a very special Birthday cake for grandson #2.  His birthday is actually next Monday, but we are celebrating this weekend.  

I somehow talked Sam in to riding with me to pick up the cake.   By the way....this bakery makes the BEST Butter Rum cake and it is Tucker's favorite.  

We were about 30 minutes early from my scheduled time to pick the cake up, so we decided to stop at McAllisters and grab a sandwich for lunch.  

As we were getting our meal, I began to feel not so good.  Seems that my sugar level dropped!  I felt so weak, and I could feel my insides shaking so bad.  Then, my head began hurting.    

I have had this happen before, but it has been quite a while ago.   I drank some Dr. Pepper and popped a piece of candy in my mouth, however, it has taken a while for me to feel better.  I ended up having to take a couple of Tylenol for my headache.  

Listen.....I have two grandsons with type 1 diabetes and it saddens me that these are the type of feelings that they experience when their sugar levels bottom out.  

I am thankful that they both have pumps which keeps their blood sugar levels  regulated.  

I say all of this just to remind everyone to keep a check on your blood sugar levels and make sure that your family does the same.  

I have no idea why mine dropped so fast. 


Good News Is:   I am feeling much better now!! 

                          🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

"Smile in the mirror.  Do this every morning and you'll start to see a big difference in your life."


Shug.....

6 comments:

  1. Apparently you under did breakfast or over did activity! Glad you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you had that experience when you were out and about, Shug. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better now. I can't have too much sugar, as it affects my digestive tract, and makes me feel very bad. Your "smile in the mirror" words are delightful.

    Take care,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that Sam was with you! Do you have type 2 diabetes? Low blood sugar must be an awful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, such a blessing that Sam was with you, Shug! Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that’s scary! So glad you’re better now but I’d get that checked out. Sorry to hear of your grandsons with type1 diabetes .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have type 2 diabetes? I do and I know the feelings of the low. I am sorry your grands have type 1.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Squirrel Woes

  Squirrels are everywhere!  Sadly, I have seen a few on the road...run over by passing cars.   These little rascals, (which are really smal...