Thursday, August 8, 2024

Shug's News

 Do you know what happens when you fail to turn the water off when watering a flower bed?  The water just keeps coming out and it goes where ever it chooses to go.  



I turned the water on in one of my front flower beds this morning so that it would soak deep down in the soil for some extra watering.  

I had a funeral to attend so I thought I would let the water run until I got back home.  
The minute I pulled into the driveway, I saw a LOT of standing water on the cement drive.  


Not only do I have a soaked flower bed, but I also have a rock bed full of water.  

Most likely I am going to have an increase on my water bill this next month.  

* * * * * *
In other News......  My daughters are back at school.  
This usually means that I spend more time in my kitchen.  
Today....I'm cooking Pork Roast for our youngest daughter and her family.  


I know this helps her tremendously.  I am thankful that I can do this small thing to make her evening a lot easier.  She will stop by this afternoon and pick it up on her way home! 

* * * * *
Tonight is TV night for me!
I don't really watch a lot of TV, but there are a few shows that I enjoy.  
Sam and I like to watch "ALONE" on Thursday nights.  Do any of you watch this show??

This program airs on the History Channel.  



I find it interesting to watch how they build their shelters.  I don't think I could build a decent shelter to keep me warm through the Winter months, nor could I hunt or catch enough food to keep me fed.  

Guess I better not try out for this show!!  😂

Hoping you all have a great day!

Shug....











6 comments:

  1. I've seen a similar show on tv, Shug, where there are two couples who have to rough it out in the wild and build shelter just like the pioneer days. It fascinates me, as that is my favorite era. So nice of you to cook a roast for your daughter. That will really help her out now that school has started..
    The first week is a busy one. There's nothing like a good pork roast. So sorry about the water being left on and having it flood your garden area.

    Have a pleasant rest of the week, Shug.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Well you wanted a good soaking and you definitely achieved that.
    I wish someone would cook me a pork roast. You’re such a good mom.
    Yes my husband watched all seasons of Alone. We enjoyed it.
    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we have watched two seasons of alone on Discovery Plus, I enjoy those kind of programs. If I were 20 again it would be an adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least your flowers have enough water now! I have heard of this show, but never watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a self-confessed news junkie, and my favorite weekday show is The Five on Fox News. My husband does enjoy shows like 'Survivor' so I'll let him know about the one you've mentioned here. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear on the water. Thankfully you weren't away longer. Now that you've water well, it will probably rain. Isn't the way things happen, lol. How nice you cook dinner for your daughter. Do you do this everyday? Not heard of the show.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Squirrel Woes

  Squirrels are everywhere!  Sadly, I have seen a few on the road...run over by passing cars.   These little rascals, (which are really smal...