Saturday, August 17, 2024

Garage Sale

 I am writing this post to remind me not to ever have another GARAGE SALE again, especially in the Middle of August....🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

When my next blogging book is printed, I will look back and see that this  garage sale was hard and help me to understand that Garage Sales are for younger people.  They need to be held during the cooler months for sure.  



HOW DID THIS ALL COME ABOUT??
GRANDSON #2 AND HIS BEAUTIFUL WIFE ARE MOVING.  THEY HAVE A CONTRACT ON THEIR HOME!  OF COURSE, YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MOVE.....???  YOU HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF STUFF THAT YOU NEED TO GET RID OF, OR JUST DON'T WANT TO MOVE.  THIS WAS THE CASE HERE.  

OUR HOME IS LOCATED IN THE PERFECT SPOT TO HAVE A GARAGE SALE!  LOTS OF TRAFFIC PASSES BY OUR PLACE AND WE DO HAVE A BIG CIRCLE DRIVE, SO THIS GIVES SPACE FOR PARKING.  




(OUR EXTRA BEDROOM)

I DECIDED TO CLEAN MY CLOSET OUT, AND FIGURED, IF THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE A GARAGE SALE HERE, I MIGHT AS WELL ADD SOME THINGS TO IT.  YOU KNOW, MAKE ME A LITTLE SPENDING MONEY.

THIS SALE BEGAN ON FRIDAY THE 16TH, AND ENDED TODAY AT NOON.  

PLEASE LET ME TELL YOU.....99 DEGREES TEMPS, WITH A HEAT INDEX OF 105, IS TOOOOOO HOT TO DO ANYTHING OUTSIDE.  

WE WERE SUCCESSFUL IN HAVING THIS EVENT, AS EMILY WAS ABLE TO GET RID OF MOST OF THE FURNITURE SHE WAS SELLING.  I SOLD A GOOD MANY ITEMS, AND MYLEE JO MADE SOME EXTRA MONEY FOR HER UPCOMING TRIP.  
GRANDSON #4 LOADED A TRAILER WITH SOME OF THE FIG TREES HE HAS BEEN GROWING, AND BROUGHT THEM DOWN.  
HE SOLD SEVERAL OF THEM...

SO.......There was some good that happened by having the sale.  

The difficult part of this event, was setting it up and packing it all up.  

They say....Never say Never, but I am saying NEVER again will I be involved in a garage sale.  

I don't think there was a dry spot on my clothes, nor my head.  My hair was totally wet.  

This is the reason I have been away from blogging...I've Been Way too busy.  

Have any of you ever held a garage sale??

I am totally exhausted!!

Shug..💥



7 comments:

  1. Your post hit home for me, Shug, as I just went to a garage sale today! Didn't find anything, but a couple of the ladies will be selling some more stuff at another garage sale in September. I wish I could have come to yours! Sounds like it was a good one, and a lot of cool items and clothes. Isn't it nice to give away things that we no longer want or need? And we get to make a little extra cash too! Sorry the heat got to you., that was scorching. I bet your family was so happy to sell some things that were piling up. Your guest bedroom is charming, by the way.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where you were. I am glad that you made some money!!!

    I will NEVER EVER have another garage sale. We have had about three. For us it was total work for not so much money.

    Once we had a lot of baby items in the sale - a group of women saying they were coming from a preschool wanted a lot of the items - but didn't have the money with them. They were going to go back and get it from the church and bring it right back. We let them take the items. (Stupid).
    Guess what - they never came back!
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we had one garage sale when we were maybe in out 40's. It was hard even then, and we made a little over $60.00. Maybe not worth the trouble? But now I would never have one, we are just too old. I'm sorry you were not able to have any fun! It does sound bad! I carry around one of those little battery fans if I have to be out in heat for very long, which is almost never! Well, at least you did sell some things and it turned out well. I'm glad you didn't have a heat stroke or pass out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love going to garage sales, often finding many great bargains. As for having them, we have had a few, but now we just throw away or donate, it hardly seems worth the effort. Bigger items we list on Marketplace with varying success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once, but never again, Shug. I hear you on that, especially in the heat. If we want to get rid of something, we just give it away.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to have one this summer, but I do not feel well enouugh. So our Daughter Jen loaded up all my totes and took them to her house and I will go there and help her with the sale...much easier:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We sure did... last summer. And it started to rain!!! Oh my!!
    My boys had a garage sale in July, they moved to a duplex at the end of July and did some cleaning and wanted to try to make some extra money by having a garage sale. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Being a Caretaker.

Being a caretaker can sometimes be very tiring, especially for someone my age.   I have talked about my niece Tammy,  several times here on ...