Tuesday, July 30, 2024

 We had time this past weekend to get a 5 generation photo which included my father-in-law, My husband, our daughter, our grandson and our great grandson!  

Since our California kids are still here, we were able include our oldest grandson and his kids in the picture as well.   We had already taken a 5 generation picture with Tyler and his kids.  I like to think of these photos as priceless keepsakes!!  Fortunately, Both of Sam's parents were in their generation photo.  She has since passed.  




I wish I had a 5 generation picture of me with my grandparents.....How valuable this would have been.

In my opinion, Five-generation photos are more than just a collection of family photos in frames.  I think they are powerful for visual records.  They capture the essence of family heritage, a lifelong connection to your ancestors.  Of course....I am very much a visual person.  I also think that in later years, as the younger ones view these photos, that gain a better sense of identity within the family, especially as the older generation passes on.  

I can just imagine the stories that might be told from generation to generation about great grandma or great grandpa!  (maybe not how they how to walk to school barefoot, in the cold weather) But the cherished memories and the treasures of love for which deep bonds were created.  
A small photo with such immeasurable pride.

********

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I told you I would have an announcement.......NO, NO, NO...I am not running for President of this Country!!  😂


ENGAGEMENT!!!

That's right......We are going to be having a Wedding in the family!

Carson is our 3rd grandson and he proposed to his long time girlfriend, Emily, on July 13th.

Another Emily!  Yes....this will be #3.    We have an Emalee, an Emily, and now, another Emily.  We LOVE THEM ALL. 


Congratulations to these two!
So happy for them!

Wedding will be May 10th, 2025.

****************



Shug.......💗




6 comments:

  1. Hi, Oh my.... a post full of love!!! I thank you for sharing the GOOD THINGS with us. :-)
    Congratulations to the young couple... I am so happy to see young people getting married.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! You must start to pick out a dress! I am a visual person as well, and totally agree about these wonderful generational photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shug! I got the faux Legos at the shopping website Temu. If you do a search there, best to type in "building blocks". They have hundreds of them really cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an attractive couple. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 generations?!?! The most I've ever had the opportunity to get was 3 with my parents, me, and our kids. If we are lucky enough, we my get to 4 ourselves, but never 5.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the up coming wedding! What a wonderful five generation photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Being a Caretaker.

Being a caretaker can sometimes be very tiring, especially for someone my age.   I have talked about my niece Tammy,  several times here on ...