Saturday, April 20, 2024

Fun with Old Photos

 Fun with Old Photos....



What do you do on yet another RAINY day?  You look at Old photos!
We have had rain all day and with it being Saturday, I have been super lazy!

I have actually been looking for my old prom picture.....you know, the one I blogged about last week.   Mine and Sam's senior prom picture.....the one that I don't really like. 

What I came across was a few old photos.....the black and white days of photography.

The photo above was of me when I had my flower shop....way back in the 70's.  I love flowers and these were some really wonderful days of doing what I like to do......arrange flowers!


This one was way back in about 1971.....Sam and I were dating back then...


1959......Sam and his younger brother.  I love how his jeans are rolled up about 6 inches....lol
His mom intended on those pants lasting for a few years.  


My mom......and most likely one of her cousins.  Not sure!  I think I favor my mom.... a lot...


My maternal grandparents and three of my uncles.  My youngest uncle in this photo is only 3 years older than me.  He and my sister were close in age.  Can you have favorite uncles?  He is mine!


My grandfather's OLD barn...leaning just a bit these days...


Sam playing baseball back in the early 70's.  Big difference in the playing fields back then, from what they are today...  No astroturf, no fancy lights!



Our little town back in the 70's.   The building on the right was the local barber shop.....The "Men's Hangout!"  Most all of these buildings are no longer here.  We now have a RED LIGHT and cross walks.  

It has been a fun day.....looking at all of the 100's and 100's of photos that I have.   

My header photo is from an app that I used to capture myself back in the yonder years.   

Shug....🎥





















5 comments:

  1. Old photos are such a treasure. I know digital is very convenient, but I lament that I've lost photos from unexpected computer crashes. Plus, they are sort of "out of sight, out of mind." Hard copy photo albums and framed pictures are a wonderful way to preserve memories. Yours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful old photos on here today, Shug. I love looking at old black and whites. They bring back such sweet memories. You look beautiful in these photos on your Header. Love your eyes! Your grandfather's old barn looks like it's ready to tip over. There's nothing like a rainy day to browse through treasured photos from back in the day.

    Have a terrific week ahead.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so gorgeous! And you do look like your Mom. I am amazed that your grandfather's barn is still standing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed looking back with you. :-) I love that you had a flower shop.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Positive Vibes

Positive vibes today!!    🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼 Look at this cutie!!  Is it a Baby owl? No way!!  that would make for a very small baby owl.   I was ou...