Saturday, February 10, 2024

Life is Ironic

 Life is Too Ironic:



Does it really take sadness to know what happiness is?    Sadness can intensify our happiness and it helps us to appreciate the joy we feel when we are happy.  

Sadness is all around us...The news brings sadness everyday.  Our happiness comes when we place our minds in beautiful environments, such as being around positive people.....dreaming....doing things we love.  

Is sadness something we can control?  No...sadness is an emotion.  These emotions can come and go and they can appear with NO warning.  

Does Happiness and sadness co-exist?

Absolutely!  If you are sad....it will not last a lifetime....Happiness will find its way back to you...it might last for a few hours or for years.  

Can we choose happiness over sadness, or vise versa?

  It takes work and a whole lot of positive vibes streaming through us,

 to reach the emotional status of being happy.  


What about Noise?  Noise can be very annoying to a person who hears very well.  Some noises like a huge waterfall are very calming, mainly because we can witness the water cascading over the rocks.  And then, there is the noise coming from your TV....when you can hear well, and your spouse can not...

And then there is silence!   Who doesn't love silence from time to time?  I certainly do.  When night fall arrives....I welcome Silence.  As a matter of fact...I sometimes have the TV on with NO volume at all.  

I suppose we do need the noise to help us yearn for the silence.


And then there is the absence and the presence!!

there is much to be said about this.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder they say!  I know this to be true!  Sam used to have to be gone for several nights at a time to attend conventions, and oh my goodness...I could not wait for him to come home!  

And then there is the absence of the passing of a loved one.  We all have experienced the loss of someone we love and this absence is totally heartbreaking.  


Longing and waiting for the presence of someone we love to return to us from say a long deployment, is something that gives us a huge array of emotions.  Happiness, hope, crying, laughing, hugging and a sense of togetherness. 


So we have life that is filled with sadness, happiness, noise, silence, absence and presence!

We have sadness which in turn makes us happy, we have noise that makes us appreciate silence and we have absence that makes us thankful for presence.  

Life is quite Ironic.


Shug.....😀



  


1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful words you have shared today, thank you. I am sensitive to noise, and sometimes when loved ones has the tv blasting, I will turn it down. And I do need stillness and silence at times to gather my own thoughts. I really like your Header with the heart cup and candle.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday News on Monday

What I did on Sunday afternoon...    I'm working on perfecting making cupcakes.  I decided to bake some Lemon Blueberry cupcakes, as I h...