Thursday, February 8, 2024

Cookie Craving

 I had a big craving for cookies yesterday.  What do you do when you have such a craving??  You Bake some!


Do you see that huge bowl of lemons?
All of these came off of Sam's lemon tree just this past week...
Why didn't I make LEMON cookies?  I never even thought about it.  


I am not crazy about Chocolate and do not eat it very often.  However, I had a few chocolate chips left over from having made Chocolate chip muffins on Monday.  
I also had another bag of unopened Chocolate chips of a different kind.  So....I made Chocolate Chip Cookies....


When I was getting my ingredients ready to make the cookies, I actually looked at the wrong recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag.  
I didn't even notice until it came to the cinnamon.  I took a double look and the recipe that I was using was for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies......for which I did not have the oatmeal.  

I quickly, switched over to the original recipe, which calls for a different spoon size of Baking powder and it included baking soda.  
Oooooops

I made a few adjustments and I honestly think these are the best Chocolate Chip cookies I have ever made.  

Of course....I have a few in the family who does not want...   Puh-cons....Pecans in their cookies.  So....what do you do?  You Make a batch without the pecans and then you make a batch of the Better Tasting cookies that contains the nuts.  

πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ

A friend sent me this picture of our sweet family from many years ago....I think we were like 25 or 26.  


Oh wow!!  We have certainly changed!



Shug.....🌞



1 comment:

  1. Your chocolate chip cookies look really good! And I'll take mine with pecans. ; ) How wonderful that you have a lemon tree at your house. Lemons are so good for us, and you can use them when cooking also. The photo of your family is so dear.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday News on Monday

What I did on Sunday afternoon...    I'm working on perfecting making cupcakes.  I decided to bake some Lemon Blueberry cupcakes, as I h...