Monday, February 19, 2024

Getting the Fever

 It is True.....I have Spring fever......😷

I am tired of fighting gophers, moles and weeds, so I am going with ROCKS!


Last year, I put out all kinds of treatments to get rid of the gophers and moles and nothing worked.  They would eat the roots off of all my flowers and Shrubs.


Another big issue is the TEXAS heat.  My water bills always doubles and sometimes triples during the Summer months....simply because I have to water so much.


Rocks and succulents is how I am going this year.  
Should have done this a long time ago, but just kept thinking I could Win and beat out the little creatures and the HOT Sun.  

My Spring fever may include a few flowers in pots around the pool, but as far as my flower beds, it's going to be Yucca plants, Rocks and maybe a few pieces of metal art.  

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

πŸ’œLet's Get Going!!πŸ’œ

πŸ’›God's got a good plan for good things!!πŸ’›
Shug....πŸ’œ









4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea, Shug! I love it. And when and if you put the flowers around the pool, I want to see it. Come to think of it, I have never seen your pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shug~ Your beds look gorgeous! I love the idea of rocks, not only for critters, but they are great for weed control as well. It looks so nice and warm there in Texas - I'm so jealous! It snowed and rained here today . . . and it's soooo cold! Loved seeing those beautiful flower beds! Have a great week! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rocks look very nice in your yard. Too bad about the golfers and moles bothering your garden. It's nice that you are planning out your flowers and shrubs for Spring.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

  What do you do when it is raining ☔ and you have come one thousand, six hundred and seventy one miles to swim in Shug's pool??  You sw...