Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Confessions

 It is confession day!  Confession from this "Razzle Dazzle Housewife!"

It has been quite a while since I last had confession day.  

I recently watched a TV commercial where a mom had tied her Child's pacifier to some balloons.  As she let go of air filled balloons, the pacifier came out of the Childs mouth and up it went to the sky!   Gone forever!


I am confessing that I need to do the same and let go of my quick reactions!

Between You, Me, and the Fencepost....I sometimes forget to count to 10 before deciding that I am going to express my opinion.....Or NOT!    Stop...think....count....

Most of the time it is my emotional feelings which triggers me to acknowledge small, annoying comments or actions from others.   Is it really necessary for me to even respond?

How would God want to me act?  Wouldn't He want me to do my best to live in Peace with others?  I believe that God would want me to pause, and wait for as long as it takes for me to respond in very direct and respectable manner, or not respond at all.  

My latest story:  I read a post on Facebook this past week, and the number one indicator for me should have been....consider the source.  However, I knew exactly what this person was doing in trying to belittle another person on my friend list.  I quickly expressed my thoughts and opinions, which was not favorable to the person who was making the post.  I wasn't ugly or attacking, I just simply stated the truth. 

I basically saw no reason for this to be an issue to be posted on Social media.   About 30 minutes passed, and I went in and deleted my comment.  Yay for me!  NO!!....my big heart had intentions of letting it go, but....I later went back on FB and responded to it again. (in a way that I thought might be more pleasing, but yet still the truth)  It was as if I was hyped on a Red Bull drink and could not let it go.  

I am thankful for the Holy Spirit and the guilt that I feel when I know I should stay away from conversations such as this.  Guess what?  I deleted my response again!  This time, I deleted the entire conversation from my page.  Thank you Holy Spirit!



Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.  

                                                 Proverbs 14:29


Do Not let your emotions control you.....let them go!  Give the situation to God and LET GO!


Shug.....💟


5 comments:

  1. Ugh. That seems traumatic for the child with the pacificer. 🥲

    Bravo for deleting your facebook thing. Sometimes we have to stop and pray before responding because if we "just say" it may not be the right thing to do. I don't want to tell you how I know that! 😬

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social media causes so many issues, doesn't it. I agree, sometimes it is just easier to pass on by. But, when someone is being bullied, then I feel compelled to say something. Like you said, asking for the Holy Spirit to guide you in all things is the best way! I love the idea of the balloons taking away the pacifer, seems like a fun idea, for the parents at least, but I wonder how traumatic it is for the child. Life is full of hard things, isn't it! Blessings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good advice, Shug. Sometimes we write things out of emotion, and then we wonder if we should have, but I guess that it is all part of human nature. And it's good when we have the option to delete what we said. And if what you said in the comment is the truth, then maybe you were just expressing your feelings. Yes, the Holy Spirit comes upon us and brings us peace from this sometimes harsh world. And social media can sometimes be annoying, can't it?

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I need to stuff a sock in my mouth or count to twenty:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

  What do you do when it is raining ☔ and you have come one thousand, six hundred and seventy one miles to swim in Shug's pool??  You sw...