Friday, March 1, 2024

Re-Fuel Yourself

 We need to wake up each day, searching for a way to take care of ourselves!

Right now, just may be the very season, that the Lord is encouraging you to re-fuel your emotional health, as well as your ME TIME.  It is important for us to stop and take a good look at our personal, internal validation.  Is it still healthy and is it where it needs to be.   Things like our emotions, nutrition, exercise, sleep, and the amount of down time we give ourselves, in order to enjoy life.  Are our positive attributes still functioning, and are we spending enough time restoring and nurturing our spiritual health. 

Matther 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.  


We live in a world that is so full of demands and  many people  carry extra weights upon their shoulders.  Care givers for example....

Many times, life is so busy and so filled with responsibilities for maintaining a stable life.  The cost of living is higher than it has ever been, we live in a "Hurry Up-Rushed" society, and Many folks are living from pay check to pay check.  The twist and snares of life do not allow us the time to re-fuel our own needs. 

I know that for me, there are many days when I feel so high strung and wound up tighter than a 3 day clock.   This is when I finally realize that I  must take some time for myself....re-fuel....and look for ways to motivate my reconnection to taking care of myself.  Get alone with God...He will restore you!!  No need to feel confusion, or to feel as if  we are operating in some kind of foreign territory where no one else has traveled before.  Sure, you may feel as if you are in uncharted waters and you feel as if the depths of the sea are overtaking you....but rest assured that God has you in His hand.  The 'enemy' of emotions may be pulling and tugging at you....but we Know the one who is the master of restoring our souls.  

It is necessary that we all maintain self care.



You can't pour from an Empty cup.  Take care of yourself first.  


Shug....My daily dose of Sugar!  💛

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shug~ Amen! Such good advise in a world that doesn't slow down... ever! I always try to remember who is really in control and not worry about things in the world that will try to throw rocks at me. I love your self-care rules!! I hope you are doing well and staying safe. Not sure where you are, as in proximity to the fires, but I keep you and your family in my daily prayers. Have a great week and week-end, Shug. Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these self-care rules!! They should be put up on the fridge. Where did you fins this very old gas pump? An antique for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

  What do you do when it is raining ☔ and you have come one thousand, six hundred and seventy one miles to swim in Shug's pool??  You sw...