Friday, November 10, 2023

Something Good

 Today is the beginning of a new day.....Let it be Something Good!!



I've been planning out our Thanksgiving meal. 

Sam and I were visiting last evening and we discussed what I was going to be cooking for Thanksgiving this year.  Of course.....it's a definite on the SOUTHERN CORNBREAD DRESSING.  

And then there is all of the other fixings.  Sam thinks I cook WAY TOO MUCH!  And, I do!!

I try to fix each persons favorite dish, but now with 18 seated at our dinner table, this can be a whole lot of food.  


When it comes to the desserts, oh wow!
My crew pretty much prefers chocolate.  

I am not a chocolate eater, so my mind goes to baking cakes, pecan pie, apple pies, coconut pies, cookies.....etc.  

So much food is wasted.  Even when the family all comes back for the evening meal.  WAY TOO MUCH FOOD.

After mine and Sam's discussion last evening, I have decided to cut my menu WAY back!  

Turkey - Ham
Southern Cornbread Dressing
Giblet Gravy
Cream Potatoes
Green Beans
Mac-Cheese dish
deviled Eggs - cranberry salad
Rolls and Sweet Tea

Can I do it....??  👀

OH....and Chocolate delight dessert

Change is coming!
Shug....💥





2 comments:

  1. This sounds like PLENTY! Especially if people go back for seconds. who would want any more? I usually serve way too much as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, I know what you mean, it is hard to cut back.... there are so many delicious side dishes and desserts to make.
    Let us know how it goes.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Waiting on a Dream

Waiting on a Dream to come true can sometimes be a very long wait.... Hopefully my niece's dream has finally happened.       I have talk...