Monday, June 12, 2023

Food, flowers and the Best Company

 "The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine...."    Anonymous



A treasured little trip happened this past Friday.  It is not often that just Sam and I, along with our two daughters adventure out for lunch.  Everyone is so Busy and all year long, but with school out for the Summer.....we were able to find a small window of time to enjoy their company.  





I have been looking for a specific tree to give to some friends, and this just so happens to be a tree that Sam does not grow.   It is a "Rising Sun" redbud tree.  

Absolutely Gorgeous!


Sam found located the tree at one of his customer's retail nurseries.  Yay!!

Oh my...we all loved visiting this nursery!  There were 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻 sunflowers galore as well as many other wild flowers and plants.  


Look at this gorgeous Artichoke!

I had never seen one growing before, so I instantly thought it was some kind of unusual flower.   Nope...just an artichoke.


And then....this beauty caught my eye!!

Isn't she Beautiful?

Of course, I had to have it, to add to my already fully planted back yard.
A stunning "Midnight Marvel" hardy hibiscus.

We spent quite a bit of time enjoying all the beauty surrounding us, as well as each others company!

Then:::::

It was Lunch time.   I did not grab a picture of our delicious Hamburgers, but let me tell you....they were sooooo good!!

A small hamburger spot in a small town that serves the Best food.  

We were Blessed by this awesome day...

Shug πŸ’›








2 comments:

  1. What an awesome day you had! We have several of these Rising Sun trees around here, but I did not know they are a redwood! That is so cool! So you bought this beautiful red hibiscus, will it be planted out front, and in the ground or a pot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I like the tree, what a great idea to gift friends a tree.
    I would get carried away at this nursery. ;-) I love plants!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

My two Favorites

  Showing you all my two favorite pots for this year! I have these two pots sitting around my pool and I love everything about them.   Have ...