Thursday, May 11, 2023

Positive Weight Loss Journey

Good Thursday afternoon!  Thank you all so much for your much needed prayers for Tammy.  Praying that she completely heals and will be able to walk soon.


 I think that most of us know just how difficult it is to lose weight.  And, when you have a lot of weight to lose, it almost seems as if you will never get to where you want to be.  

I have been on a weight loss journey now for about 7 months, and I am happy to tell you that I have lost around 40 pounds.  I can honestly say that I truly feel so much better.........



Here I am with about 30 pounds gone.  I'm the third one from the left.  I graduated with most of these ladies and we were enjoying some good Mexican Food for dinner the night we took this picture.    


This is my granddaughter (Tori) and myself...... at my in-laws home.  I think this was sometime around the middle of April.   Still at 30 lbs down.

I haven't taken any recent pictures with the extra 10 pounds gone, but it is amazing how losing that much weight can make you feel so good. 

~~~~~~~

I would still like to lose another 20 pounds and hopefully by the end of Summer, I will be able to do so.  

What did I do?  What am I doing to lose weight?

First of all, I went to the Doctor back last October and my blood work and lipid levels were so very bad.  I had red alerts on so many test.   I knew that I had to do something.

I finally made up my mind to make some big changes in my eating habits.  I cut out ALL sodas (Dr. Pepper)
I stopped eating BREADS of any kind..... NO processed foods.....NO sugar!!

My A1C was 9.5 in October and of last week when I did my blood work, my A1C was 5.5

I still need to lower it a bit, but I know I can do it!!

I now eat healthy meals.......  Cottage cheese and fruits, Shrimp and salads, sweet potatoes, veggies of all kinds, Fish, nuts and lemon water. 

Did you notice there is no chicken or red meat on my list.  The reason:  I don't like chicken and I may eat a filet mignon once a month.  (not a big beef eater)

Maybe soon I will be able to start Exercising!! 😬😬 

*********
I hope you all have a great day....

Shug 💕




4 comments:

  1. Good for you! You must have willpower of steel! I have lost 100 ponds twice in my life. The first time I gained them all back. The most recent I have finally KEPT off. But at the expense of much suffering and hunger all the time. So I have to diet all the time just to keep it off! But I could never do what you are doing, giving up so many good foods!! But whatever works! For me, I eat what I want. BUT only two meals a day and no snacks. Bedtime is the worst. Going hungry about five hours between dinner and bed. You look o GOOD!! and more importantly you will be healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shug! I am so proud of you!! What an accomplishment, and I know how hard you had to work to make it happen. You look fabulous, my friend!! That next 20 pounds will come off, and you will feel so good. After my stomach surgery, I have lost around 55 pounds. It was not the reason for the surgery, but it was a nice perk for sure, seeing that I was about 60 lbs. overweight. I love that you are eating healthy and I'll bet you have way more energy. I think 5.5 for you A1C is amazing... keep up the good work Shug! I love your header photo!! Have a great week-end! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. High Fives to you. I have changed my eating habits this year too. What a difference in the way I feel. I like lemon water too.
    Keep us updated. I am cheering for you. Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...