Tuesday, September 8, 2020

 Look how adorable this cute, little, purple, pineapple looking plant is...



This is definitely in the pineapple  family.......I don't think!


A friend of mine sent this picture to me this past weekend.  They were out at their Deer Lease in Sweetwater, Texas.   This is a place that I have absolutely NO desire to go to,  I don't even like to drive through the area.   


Why?  Because this town is the host to the World's Largest Rattlesnake Roundup!!!!!!!   NO, NO, NO....not a place for me to visit.


Our granddaughter was out there at the deer lease as well.    Oh my, I worried about her the entire time.   She's one that loves nature and even though she is 18, I do know her well, and I know that she's not scared of getting out there to get done what needs to be done before hunting season.  

ME....I would never, ever have gotten out of the truck.  


I'm pretty sure that the plant is some type of thistle.....and they have sharp little  needle like  T H I N G S  on them.   As pretty as they are, I'll just leave them alone, just like I will leave that area to the Brave Hunters....


Shug

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing to me! I have NEVER seen any plant like it! It is stunningly wicked, too. Maybe we should call it "Rattlesnake Weed".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plant is quite pretty. Rattlesnakes I would stay away from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. We have snakes here, but thankfull, no rattlesnakes! That is the most unusual purple plant I've ever seen. Your daughter makes me think of my daughter. We argued all through her teenage years...she wanted a pet snake. I was determined there would be no snake kept inside the house. Scary enough to walk up on one outside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful plant, looks like a type of thistle for sure. I don't like snakes either but most of the time if you leave them alone they leave you alone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...