Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Another Summer post??   YEP!

When I was young, when school got out for the summer......we were able to enjoy a very L-O-N-G  Summer.  From the middle of May until the first week in September, was our Summer Break and wow....what a fabulous time it was.

Of course, the school buildings were not air conditioned and here in Texas....that would be like sending kids to school to learn in a HOT OVEN.

I can't believe that as of MONDAY, my girls (teachers) will be back in the school.  Then, two weeks later..the grandkids go back! 😓

What fun is that??

I'll be losing my retail therapy sidekicks as well as my Southern Sweet Tea drinking crew!!



I'm guessing I'll be fine........LOL

Hugs to all....

Shug.   

4 comments:

  1. I love this quote, and also think there is some truth in it! YES when I went to school we had the same long summer vacation. I wonder why they have gotten so short now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have a long break like that too. For us, school ended the first week of June and started again the day after Labor Day. I don't know how we got 180 days in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out here we go back to school on September 3rd. Take some time, just for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure remember those long summer breaks and our schools with no air conditioning. Those were the good old days. :) Your header picture is absolutely beautiful. Wish I could get my little front porch looking just that way, and keep it that way year round. Wouldn't that be pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...