Friday, April 12, 2019

I have to tell y'all.....My all-time favorite flower and fragrance is a gardenia!  For me, the smell of a gardenia flower is pure heaven!

Sam and I visited a garden center yesterday afternoon and my attention was immediately drawn to the sweet fragrance of a gardenia bush...    I actually picked one of the blooms and after sniffing the sweet flower for about 20 minutes, I stuck it in my hair.   So..for the buyer of that particular bush....I am sorry that I borrowed one of your blooms.

If anyone had been watching me, they may have thought that I was sniffing something other than a flower!  LOL.  I was really enjoying the moment.

After we got home, I told Sam.....God is Wonderful.  He created such a sweetness and even though many people have tried to imitate the fragrance of a gardenia, with their candles, sprays and colognes.....NOTHING ever measures up to God's touch on this flower.  

I truly absolutely love it, and I did not want to put my bloom from last night down.  I wanted the smell to stay with me.  It was if I was addicted right then and there. 

I began to think about how much I love the smell and the stunning blooms of a gardenia bush......and then, God spoke to my heart!

{HE said:  This is how I want my children to love me!! Just the way you love the aroma of the gardenia.  I want you to love the sweetness of my breath as I breath upon you each day.  My fragrance is love and I pour my love out, upon you at all times.}

I don't know if anyone understands what I'm talking about here....but, I sure know that God sends us special things all the time,  to help us know HIS love for us!  Thank you Lord!

Blessings...
Shut

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful devotional! I did not see where it was going at first, and you are so right!! The bible talks about being a pleasing aroma. I have never smelled a gardenia, now I really want to find one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God, which is recognized by those on the way of salvation—an aroma redolent with life."

    2 Corinthians 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do understand. AS I was reading your thoughts my heart was touched. My nose doesn't work real well anymore, so a lot of the floral scents I just can't smell, But,I can still feel and sense the love of God for me. Nothing can take that away.The fragrance Of His love is always with me. Thanks for sharing these thoughts and being an encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you are saying, and it is a beautiful message. Nothing smells as sweet as a gardenia. We had three gardenia bushes along the back porch and when all three were in bloom it would take your breath away. They were beautiful. Then one unusually cold hard winter a few years back killed all three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shug~

    I love Gardenias as well, they really do smell so good!

    I totally understand what you are saying! God really does love us, and I don't think we will, in this life, totally understand His love for us! Beautiful post!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. love to read your post...
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...