Monday, October 1, 2018

Good Morning.....today is going to be a BEAUTIFUL day!!!   Don't you just love how each NEW morning brings us a NEW day to write a Positive NEW story in our lives?  

                                                 ~~~~~

I'm celebrating this day for my parents, who are now in Heaven!
My parents married on October 1, 1949......today would be their 
69th Anniversary.   I sure miss them both!!!  💓💓💓💓

                                                 ~~~~~~

This is a great month for Apple eating!!

I must admit....Apples are not my favorite fruit, but I do occasionally have a hunger for a good, crisp apple.   AND...who doesn't love a Candied Apple?  YUM....one of my favorite ways to eat this fruit.  Speaking of Candied Apples...the East Texas Fair was this past week.   Some of our kiddos visited the fair on Saturday!


Carson, Tori and Mylee Jo!  I remember the old glass house from when I was a child.  This was the scariest thing for me!  I always had a difficult time making my way through the glass doors.  

I asked Mylee if it was scary for her and she quickly responded to me with a "What" kind of question!  Evidently, the glass house was not near as traumatizing for her as what it was for me.  

                                                 ~~~~~


Check out this "Chicken Mansion."     Does your chicken house have a Chandelier hanging in the middle of it?    This chicken house was on display, and for sell, at First Monday in Canton, Texas.    

This past weekend, we spent a day walking all over the grounds of First Monday.   This place is huge....and I was VERY tired when we left.   SO MUCH TO SEE!   

I made a couple of purchases and Sam got to eat his "Footlong Corn dog" .......so it was a Great day!

   ~~~~~~

Hope you will all walk in the Power of the Holy Spirt today!
Feel the Fresh wind and allow yourself to experience the Fresh Air which can only come from the Holy Spirit....

God is Refreshing .... and I am excited about the NEW story that HE has planned for my life today!

Hugs, 
Shug

5 comments:

  1. Great apples! They look delicious! sounds like great weather your way, it's cloudy dreary and chilly here. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great day indeed. Hope you are enjoying every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy October and fall to you!

    Enjoy your week.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug~

    Loved this post! Everyday is a new day, and a chance to start over...I love that!

    My parents were married on Halloween!! October must have been a good month to get married. Although my parents eloped and went to Montana. Apparently they didn't have to have parents permission there... ;0) Happy Anniversary to your dear parents.

    I love apples, and have 2 five gallon buckets in my garage waiting for me to do something with them. I think apple pie is in order for tomorrow.

    The fair looks fun! I have never been in a glass house, but I can imagine that I would get lost...kids these days are fearless, nothing scares them!

    What a great chicken coop! I would love to have chickens...maybe one day.

    Thank you for reminding me to walk in the Power of the Holy Spirit. I have had a hard couple of weeks and this is a good reminder to always turn toward Heavenly Father and listen to the Holy Spirit. God is refreshing!!

    Love and Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. October 1st is a special day for me too. It was the day my Mom was born ---in 1900...... SO---as you can see, she would have been 118 on Oct. 1st. Mom was so special --and I miss her. She died in 1991.

    I never went to any of the 'First Mondays' when I lived in TX --but I have many friends there who loved going there. I'm not a shopper (never have been) --so would prefer to be out walking in the woods....

    Bet that light in the chicken house was a 'heat lamp to keep them warm in winter....??????

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...