Wednesday, September 12, 2018




Who doesn't love an old barn?    I certainly do....and this past week, I was able to capture the beauty of several OLD barns.  I took a few days away from the normal busy lifestyle that I live, and traveled with Sam on a business trip to Tennessee.  

Many of the vendors that he was meeting with,  live way out in the country, so this gave us the opportunity to travel down many back roads.





We came upon so many barns and I was constantly clicking my camera button.  I know that this old barn probably has a whole lot of interesting stories it could tell, and I must admit.....it did catch my eye.   However.....I prefer the old barns with the old wooden roofs.   I'm pretty sure this one had a wooden top, but it has now been replaced with metal.   :(



We drove past this beautiful portion of the ditch....that had been planted in Zinnia's.  It was absolutely gorgeous...!!!   I ONLY HAD SECONDS TO SNAP THIS PICTURE.   It's not too bad, considering we were traveling about 60 miles per hour.



Look at these beauties.....   Rising Sun Red Bud!!  I love to see them growing in rows out in the field.   




A closer view when Sam had his door open.   I'm hoping to plant one of these in the front yard this Fall.   

We had a great trip.  Very successful for what Sam was hoping to accomplish.   We drove 600 miles yesterday and made it home last night.  No matter where you go and how much you might enjoy a trip.....for me, it is always so nice to be HOME!

I'm thankful to be back in Texas.   Hotels were beginning to be filled to capacity due to the hurricane.   Many people are having to leave everything behind and head inland to other states.  

Please be in prayer for those who are not able to leave, like our grandson!  His job in the Air Force, requires him to stay on the job! If looks as if the hurricane could hit his area with a powerful force.  

Hoping and praying that all will be safe for him and his fellow workers.   

Lots of rain around here.......but I know it's no comparison to what the Carolinas and the East Coast is going to get.   

Hugs,
Shug......




5 comments:

  1. The large zinnia patch is gorgeous! You had to think AND snap fast! And I love the country barns, no matter what the roof is made of. But what catches my eye is this Rising Sun Red Bud. Are they trees? We have a lot of little trees around here that I have taken lots of pictures of, and they look just like this. But I have never known what they are called. Now I will go online and look. They have beautiful pale green and yellowish heart shaped leaves. I think you have identified them for me! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They ARE the trees we have around here! I have finally found out what they are!!! So gorgeous. Thanks so much for including them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures.What a wonderful ideate plant Zinnias in the ditch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug!

    Love your pictures! I love old barns, but unfortunately, if they aren't kept up here in Idaho, the weather will get to them. I have noticed that a lot of them are being re-built and taken better care of. I think that the younger generation is wanting to preserve them...I hope!

    I love Tennessee, your photos truly capture it's beauty! Zinnias are one of my favorite flowers, I can't even imagine seeing a whole field full...just gorgeous! I have never heard of, Rising Sun Red Bud, it's beautiful! Is it a tree? I love how the leaves are already changing on it, hence it's name?

    Many prayers are still being said for the people who were involved in the hurricane, so terribly sad...I hope that your grandson did okay...so scary.

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pics! Love the one with the Zinnias!

    Saying prayers for your Grandson and his crew.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Running Behind

  Running Behind..........  WHY.    ↓↓↓↓ You know......some weeks are just a bit more full than other weeks, and this has been one busy week...