Thursday, July 26, 2018

Thought I would post just a few more Alaska pictures.   

I have had several people ask me how Sam got the fish that he caught back to Texas.    It was so easy!!!!

The fishing resort where he was staying, processed the fish and froze them solid and packed them in special coolers.   They were then loaded on the plane, along with Sam's luggage.  Sam landed at DFW in Dallas and went straight to the luggage claims area and his FISH were there, right beside his luggage.   

All together, each guy on the trip was able to bring home about 65 pounds of fish.   I didn't realize how much 65 pounds would be, but it filled up a complete section of my freezer.  



 A few eagles....    This was as close of a shot as Sam could get with the camera that he had on the boat.  
 I think this is such a beautiful picture.    💛💛

These are "Yellow Eye Rock Fish!"    Something interesting about these fish is that they have Ivory Ear Bones..   

Just like the ivory tusk on an elephant.   

One of the guys that was fishing with Sam, saved the Ivory Ear Bones from one of these fish and is going to have some earrings made for his granddaughter.   

                                                   ~~~~

By the way.....Sam, along with the other 3 guys on his boat.....caught 4 small sharks.   They threw them back!  


My friend, Pam @ Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner........always has great recipes for cooking fish.  I'll have to re-visit some of those recipes to make some great meals out of these fish.     Y'all stop by her place and check out all of her great recipes...

Enjoy the rest of your day....

Shug 🌹

4 comments:

  1. Your header is gorgeous!! I could look at it forever. Thanks for explaining about the fish! That is very cool. The ivory ear bones fact is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, thank you for the link.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been a great experience.Such gorgeous scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug!

    Oh my goodness, I have been away too long...fishing in Alaska, how wonderful!! The photos were beautiful! You will love having that 65 lbs of fish in your freezer, so you can re-live Alaska with every bite!

    My son worked in Alaska for a time and my aunt lived there. Bob's aunt lived there most of her life, and I have a cousin who lives in Anchorage...lots of ties to that beautiful part of the world! it's a gorgeous place to visit.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...