Tuesday, June 12, 2018

It is not an everyday event for me to go to the Pecan Nursery. Actually.....I may go to the office a couple times a year.  

It was this past Sunday, when I rode to the Nursery with Sam to water some trees.  To my great surprise, the "Hill Yard" was filled with many Sunflowers.    Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers.  They are so bold and full of life.  The bright yellow with the dark center, speaks much happiness to my soul.  



If you're wondering what the heck a "Hill Yard" is, let me take a moment to explain.   The actual farm for growing the trees for the nursery, is about 10 miles South of town.  The business is located in downtown Chandler, and this is where the selling action takes place each Fall and Winter.  

The trees that are in buckets, along with the bareroot trees which are dug out of the fields, are brought to the office and Hill Yard area......beginning in October, and ending in March.

The Hill Yard is where the bareroot trees go.....and then the roots are covered with soil throughout the selling season.



Anyways......after the trees are all sold.....this lot is empty and the sunflowers start popping up.  The sunflowers were not planted.....they just keep spreading and coming back every Summer.   I always know that they are going to be there....but this year, I had forgotten about them, until I saw them on Sunday.  

This "Hill Yard" makes for a beautiful sight when the flowers are flourishing.  The nursery does not irrigate this area in the Summer, so the flowers usually don't last very long.   

Of course.....in my sweet mind...the mind that loves flowers, I'm thinking that this could be a second business!  Irrigate and produce thousands of Sunflowers.....then sell them!  Right??

Oh well...I'm not the one that makes those decisions, so I guess that I'll just keep enjoying the ones that are there each year.  

Hope you all have a super Blessed day...

Shug 🌹


3 comments:

  1. Sunflowers really are very beautiful. Where I live we have large fields of them.I love seeing those fields of yellow when they are in bloom. They are later harvested for the seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!
    Our Sunflowers don't come out till the end of summer.
    We love going to the Sunflower farm outside of our city.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...