Wednesday, June 13, 2018

            "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted above the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

                                                              Psalm 46:10


I can truthfully say that I am a busy person.....actually, I am a VERY busy person!   There are many days when my name could easily be...... "Busy Bee Pollard."   I am always engaged in much action!  I sometimes feel like I look like a BEE, moving in a fast movement style....from place to place, gathering sweet pollen.  

My busyness usually is all about moving from place to place, doing errands for my girls or for Sam, or for the grandkids.  I don't think there could possibly be any sweeter thing, than loving my kiddos enough to "BEE" their awesome chore girl.




I can only imagine just how busy Jesus was with HIS earthly ministry....yet, Jesus knew the importance of rest.  HE knew that rest was needed to refresh the soul.  

I think about Martha and how her busyness created a spirit of  resentment towards her sister, Mary.  

So many times, I get caught up in my day to day busyness, that I forget to do the work that God desires for me to do.  
I always have "Fish to Fry" or "Things to do" which seems to interrupt my Godly intentions.

When I go to buy groceries, I am usually looking at my list, even as I walk through the doors....... There is no telling how many people that I have failed to give a smile to, or say a nice hello to, simply because I am caught up in my own little world.  

I guess my "Busy Bee" pace of life, spoke to me today, when I realized that it was more important for me to rush out to do errands, rather than to take the time to make breakfast for myself.   A little later in the morning, I felt like my tummy was going to cave in.....BECAUSE I was hungry.  I had been too caught up in tending to details of the day, which as a result caused me to eat something that  was not healthy for me.  👀

And then.....I realized that one of my plants (that I had just planted a few days ago) looked like it was about to die.  Why? Because I had not taken the time to water the thing!  This wasn't a cheap plant either....I paid more for it than I normally would, so why would I not take the time to take care of it?   It's called being too Busy!!!
I saw that it needed water earlier in the day.....but I almost waited to late to give it a drink.  

I know these are some pretty petty examples that I used, but I think you probably get my point.   How can I even think about doing good things for others, if I don't take care of myself?   

Rest is good, and my intent is not to complain.....because I truly enjoy being busy.   I am writing on this topic to remind myself that First of all.....everyday should Begin and End with my mind on God's perfect Will for my life.   Second.....I need to slow down!!

Blessings!

Shug 🌹







3 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're busy as a bee and helping out all those family members! I think it's sweet and wish I could do the same but our grandson is way out in Arizona... So I say, keep busy and don't forget to water your plants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a moment to reflect on ourselves is so important. Take care of yourself, Shug. I know you are taking good care of everyone else!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have written this as a reminder to yourself, but I needed to hear this just as well. God needs to be first in my life, but I must take care of myself so that I can be a blessing to others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Running Behind

  Running Behind..........  WHY.    ↓↓↓↓ You know......some weeks are just a bit more full than other weeks, and this has been one busy week...