Friday, April 27, 2018

Friday work day!

I woke up early this morning, thinking about all the things I wanted to get accomplished today.   After dropping my niece off at BVT, I headed out to finish buying plants for my flower beds.









I have had this hen and chicken for about 12 years now.  It was my mother's and after she passed away....I brought it to my house.   Today, I repotted what was left of it, after the bad weather we had this year.   It was massive when I first got it, but over the years it has died out.   I'm truly hoping I can get it to double in size this summer.   


I finished planting some more "Heather" today.   




Planted more of the gorgeous Lantana.....This stuff is so hardy and makes for a beautiful flower bed...




A pot filled with several different kinds of flowers!  I placed this one  at one of the corners in our front flower bed.



Ahhhh.  My old washtubs....filled with asparagus fern and Coleus plants.   By mid Summer, this will be so pretty...



Another pot filled with different plants....




Clay pots filled with grass and Blue daze!   





I pulled the old shrubs up in this bed....replaced them with variegated abelia and a few other things.




Just a little decor on the brick.....




all that I have left to do is to Top Dress the Beds and pick up a few
other flowers that I want to add in some places.  Much fun doing this project, but this evening.....I am sore all over!  

I had a little sweat going on today.....but my sweat was well worth the beauty that I will see in a few weeks when everything takes root.

This was my day.....how about you?  What did you find to do on this
gorgeous Friday!

Shug 🌹

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You accomplished a lot.Those flowers will be so lovely this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose a stunning and beautiful variety of different colors. They are so pretty right now, that I can't imagine how gorgeous they will look as the summer progresses! I love the washtubs, too. They add a nice little farmhouse touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was the first Saturday that we were able to be outside!
    NO rain or snow, beautiful weather for yard work and bedroom
    projects (painting).
    Nothing has been planted yet. Didn't want anything to
    die.
    But I started thinking about it today.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug!

    What gorgeous flowers! I can hardly wait to get out into my flower beds this year, it's still too cold though. We have decided not to plant a vegetable garden this year, instead, we are just planting herbs and flowers. My son and his wife grow an amazing garden and they always share with us, I love it!

    Today, I was lazy!! Yesterday was a long day for me, so today I took it easy. I did make some cookies for my Sunday School class, the kids are always starving when they get to my class!! Have a wonderful Sunday, sweet friend!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...