Aren't they Beautiful?
and the Blackberries are just as gorgeous.......
This is a first for me.....I have NEVER canned any kind of fruit! I spent my afternoon, washing and cleaning two flats of berries. One flat of Blue and one flat of Black----BERRIES.
The funny thing is that I did 't even have the equipment to do something like this.....SO, I drove myself right down to the local "Dollar Store" and bought what I needed to get the job done!
Water bath.....
Didn't do the cream peas tonight...already had them canned....
I am very proud of the way the Blackberries turned out!
The color is so rich and yummy looking..
Now to Finish the Blueberries......Tomorrow!!
Is it ok to give myself a pat on the back?? Think I'll do just that....Oh WAIT....perhaps I should wait to see how they turn out before patting too fast!
have a great evening....
shug
11 comments:
Well, I'll sure pat your back because I'm impressed with anyone that cans. I've never done it, know nothing about it except that it usually produces good eatin'. :o)
Wow, good for you! If they are anything like your fig preserves...you can definitely take the canning queen title!!
Canning is hard work, standing up and sweating, I commend you!!!!
They look delicious. Yes,give yourself that pat on the back. You deserve it for all the work you have done.
Those blueberries look so tasty. I started canning again last summer after years of not. I am still learning. Years ago my Gram helped me. I depended on her & really didn't learn myself. She is no longer with me & oh I regret not paying better attention. Yes you should give yourself a pat on the back. Blessings!
Lara
Oh, down memory lane! I used to can especially peaches and pickles, but with fruits I made freezer jam! Nothing quite like it! Those jars of fruit look mighty fine! High five!
Coming from a "Real Canning Queen", give your self a big pat on the back...It's not easy to can and make preserves for hours on end, but boy is it YUMMY in the winter!!! I can everything we grow and pick my strawberries,peaches and blackberries for preserves...YOU GO GIRL!!!
Looks like you're going to have lots of good things to eat! I used to can and freeze when I was younger, but I don't any more. I always used the water bath method because I'm a big chicken around pressure canners! I remember canning apple pie filling once. Yum! If I do have any excess produce now, I freeze it.
I didn't start canning until about five years ago. So far- just salsa and pickles, but fruit is next on my list. I am a slow learner!
Impressive, Shug! You have no fear. Canning sounds like a difficult, time-consuming process. You go girl!
Shug -- they are beautiful!! I've never canned fruit (have done lots of veggies and tomato sauce, though). I usually freeze the blueberries (w/o washing them) in small containers. This is a lot easier -- but then I don't get to see all those beautiful jars lined up on the shelf!!
Post a Comment