Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sunshine Of My Life....


Hey.....as you can imagine, I am needing some SUNSHINE!

I have simply had enough of this gloomy weather.....
I'm not sure that I can say the weather has ever made me feel this way before, but for some unknown reason, I am ready to get on with Spring!

Seems like we have had a lot of days filled with Clouds and being a person that needs light, this can weigh heavy on the mind.....

The very first thing that I do in the mornings is to pull the shades open.....I love the brightness of life and since we haven't had much lately, I decided to bring in my on Sunshine......


I planned myself a trip to Hobby Lobby (Geez, I love this store)
and made a few new purchases.........

I was trying to decide upon a color that would cheer my heart and would blend with all the things I already have in our home.....



Lime Green......  I somehow knew it had to be this color.....
This is not a color that I would normally use, but I am super pleased
with the outcome.



I certainly did not want to get rid of the lamps that I love so much.
I thought, "Hey, I'll just mix and match" and you know what, I am so
glad I did....It all blends so well and the round leopard placemats
add character to my table.  Please do not ever be afraid to mix prints!



This look may not be for everyone, but I am thrilled with the way it
dresses up my breakfast table!  Dare to be different!



A delightful place to enjoy a warm cup of coffee!


This is what I chose for my big round dining table......I love the sunflower plate and I am going to use it a little later in the season.  For now, I have a red dish sitting on top of the plates that will carry me through Valentines!  Don't you think these colors are good for cheering the heart?


I added some touches of lime green in this area as well....
....I'm not quite sure what I want to go in the vase yet..




I absolutely fell in love with these pillows.  I knew from the
start that they were "Must Haves"



The green totally changed the look of my Fall arrangement!


Touches of black can enhance any color you choose to use in your home....

I had a wonderful time shopping for the new items I purchased....

And now....every time I walk in the door of our home, I experience a little ray of sunshine....

Hey.....I have loved showing you around my house today...I hope to add some more things real soon, so please stop back by for a visit.....

Shug Sez......

Sunshine is good for the soul....




2 comments:

  1. I love how you have decorated your house. I feel at home when I am there. I am excited that you are good at decorating because that tells me you can help me decorate mine :). I love you mom. Your the best mom and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lime green--one of my fav colors.
    Your new look is great too. Did you do it yourself??

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...