Friday, October 8, 2010

Wear Orange....Support the Leukemia Foundation

Happy Friday Morning to all of you.....My Dear Friends!

If you read my post yesterday, you must know that I spent some time talking about the color Orange!  Did you happen to notice that I did not have a single picture of the
Texas Orange....as in  "University of Texas"  on my post?

I have to be very careful about that sort of thing.....You see, I have an "Aggie Daughter" and they do not sport the color orange......But, I also have a "Texas Daughter" as well.....
I guess you could say that we are one of those "House Divided"  families...


Even my Aggie daughter makes one exception to the color orange......Orange is also the color supporting "Leukemia"

I know that this is Pink month, but it is also our month to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma foundation. 
We participate in  "Light The Night"



We are taking steps for a Cure......On this special night, we all carry illuminated balloons as we walk the designated path.  The red balloons are for the survivors and the white balloons are in memory of someone who has loss their battle to cancer.  It is truly a beautiful walk as the illuminated balloons speak about the lives of those we love. It brings tears to my eyes:  Tears of JOY for our little survivor and tears of sadness for my mom and others who are no longer with us.

The funds raised go toward the Leukemia foundation and are used for the research to cure Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma......

Tucker has had Leukemia and it is now in remission and my mother passed away 5 years ago from complications of Multiple Myeloma....


                                (This is a picture of Tucker taken during his chemo treatments)




                                      And this is Tucker Today.......


Leukemia is a cancer of the white blood cells and it is the most common type of childhood cancer.

White blood cells help your body fight infection.  In Leukemia patients, the bone marrow produces abnormal white blood cells.  These cells crowd out the healthy cells making it difficult for their blood to do its work...

I am so grateful for all of those who have walked in the past and who have supported "Light the Night."  Without the funding for research (which has given the doctor's a better insight on how to treat leukemia) Tucker's journey could have had a different ending....

"Light the Night" in our area is this coming Saturday night...I would encourage you all to come out and support this wonderful organization.....

Shug Sez......

Wear Orange and support the "Leukemia Foundation"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...