Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Hot Chocolate Kind of Day.....


I started my day by spoiling my grandchildren....Imagine that!  I figure Hot Chocolate is one of those things that will spoil them forever.

Lately our mornings have been a little cool and on those kind of days, it's always time to bring out the "Whistle Pot."  We call it the whistle pot because that is exactly what it does.  It whistles while I cook!

What better way to start their day than by sending them out the door with a nice warm cup of HOT CHOCOLATE with marshmallows and whipped cream. 

I had quite a surprise this morning....These kids love the whipped cream in their hot chocolate so much so that this morning I look up and Carson was over at the bowl of cream and he decided that he could get more whipped cream if he used his fingers like a scoop.  Oh yes he did!!  He scooped up the biggest pile of whipped cream that you can imagine and gently put it in his hot chocolate.  I just wander how often he has done this in the past.....Yikes!!


I usually serve their hot chocolate in cute little styrofoam cups which are so easy for the kids to take with them.  They work great, but I just can't find lids for them.  Tori always wants a lid because McDonald's gives you a lid and what McDonald's does, Shug needs to do.

Yesterday I was in Walmart (again) and I found the cutest cups and they had lids.  These cups were not the disposable kind, but they were child proof.  They came in every color and would have been perfect for me to use each morning. 

I talked myself out of them because I knew that I would constantly be hunting cups.  What I pictured in my mind were cups left in the cars and some of them would probably be soured because of the milk in the hot chocolate.  YUK!

For now, we will just continue to use the old styrofoam cups.  But wait.....I guess I could check with McDonald's.  They just might sell me some of their cups and LIDS!  Or better yet, I could just get my friends to start saving all their coffee cups that they get from Micky D's...........This would be a good savings wouldn't it?



Spoiling your grandchildren is a time honored tradition so I believe it is best for me to keep doing what I'm doing.....
Life doesn't get much sweeter than this....

Shug Sez.....

Grandchildren are precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life.......The greater part of my life is the sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. I buy solo coffee cups with lids at our walmart and I love them. It keeps my family from walking off with my insulated cups every day. :)
    We love our whistle pot too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...