Monday, October 4, 2010

Embracing Dreams

It's time for me to enjoy a nice cup of coffee and get myself prepared for the day.....Another early morning around here.  It's time for Tucker's check-up in Dallas, so we will be hitting the road in just a bit.  Tucker and Mylee sleep during the two hour drive which gives me more time to spend with God!

Do you ever find yourself dreaming of a place you would really like to be?  This is what I have done for the past couple of weeks.....I have been thinking about the beautiful mountains in Colorado.  I know they must be covered with a splendor of yellow leaves as the Aspens are changing colors.

And sometimes my mind travels over to the hills in the Smokey Mountains where the color there is also bright and beautiful.  I can see the clear, fresh streams as they wind themselves along the road that is known as the scenic view.

I do this from time to time because I long for a quite serene place where I can picture myself  embracing God.  A place that is peaceful with no worries, no stress, no disturbance from the outside world and a place that has the fragrance of tranquility. 

The truth is....I can have that peace right here.  I just need to eliminate the clutter that fogs my mind and I need to learn to enjoy the sweetness of a simple life. 

At the present time, my mind is so full of the yesterday's and the tomorrow's...... so that means little space is left for the thoughts for  the  today's. 

Mathew 11:28  says:  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give your rest."  

The REST that Jesus promises is love, healing and peace with God.  I now realize that it is not essential for me to go away to some place that I am only dreaming about to be able to spend precious time with God....No, I can do it right here, right where I am.  I just need to take time to experience the rest that He longs to give me......He is already there waiting for ME!

Shug Sez.......

Embrace God! 

1 comment:

  1. My dad has a house in Crested Butte, Colorado. You are right. You can be close to God right here in East Texas, but sometimes it is easier in a place as beautiful as Colorado! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Running Behind

  Running Behind..........  WHY.    ↓↓↓↓ You know......some weeks are just a bit more full than other weeks, and this has been one busy week...